I sometimes (most of the time) get mad, frustrated, and say, "Why God, I just don't understand!" God already knows what I'm thinking, I mean He created me and knows my thoughts, so I might as well just tell him, right?! In the Psalms, David often tells God he is angry or frustrated with what is happening. Many times David cries out to God for him to rescue him, to give him strength, to give him wisdom. So many times when I get frustrated or mad, God isn't the first one I talk to, it's usually a friend or Justin. How much better it would be if I just went and talked to God first!
Anyway, I was reading through Psalm and found a few verses that encouraged me as the future for us is unsure.
Psalm 31:14- David says this after he tells about how he is wasting away from within, he is scorned by his enemies, and despised by everyone... "But I am trusting you, O Lord, saying 'You are my God!'. My future is in your hands.."
Psalm 34- "I will praise the Lord at all times, I will constantly speak His praises. I will boast only in the Lord; let us all who are discouraged take heart. Come let us tell of the Lord's greatness; let us exalt His name together. I prayed to the Lord and he answered me, freeing me from all my fears. Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy...."
verse 8 -" Taste and see that the Lord is good, Oh the joys of those who trust in Him! " (I love this verse!)
verse 10- "Even strong young lions sometimes go hungry, but those who trust in the Lord will never lack any good thing. "
When it says, that those who trust in the Lord will never lack any good thing, that doesn't mean we will have prosperity or wealth, or all of the worldly things that we "think" we need, it means that he is ALWAYS going to take care of us, will never leave us or forsake us, that He really is the only thing that we need. Ultimate faith that He knows what is best for us. Sometimes it is so hard to step aside from what I want, and let Him direct my life. The times when I have stepped aside completely have been the best moments in my life...and the times when I've had the most peace.
Ok, better close before I start to ramble and not make any sense!
I hope you know my wonderful Savior named Jesus who gives wonderful peace and joy in the midst of a confusing, frustrating, unpredictable, and difficult world we live in. If you don't know what I'm talking about I'd love to tell you how my life has changed because of Him.
i needed this today - thanks for reminding us all.
ReplyDeletei agree with allyson...i needed this today! thanks jennifer.
ReplyDeleteGreat post! I also loved seeing you make tomato sauce a while back. SO industrious!!
ReplyDeleteYou don't know me, but I found your blog through my friend Traci's, and your post was too good not to comment. Thank you for your wonderful words of wisdom! You don't even know me, but I too needed to be reminded of how good our Lord is! Thank you!
ReplyDeletehttp://stevenvickibrooke.blogspot.com