"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Brown copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things..."
That's just the beginning of the song. Anyway, here are a few of my favorite things lately:
1. Sleep (I have been trying to catch up on sleep because my left eye has been twitching for days now and that always means I am overtired)
2. Watching Justin and Josiah play & laugh together
3. Josiah's babbles and his big blue eyes
4. Hot tea
5. Vacuuming (I don't know why but I love to vacuum)
6. Making homemade ice cream
7. Talking on the phone with my sister
8. Listening to Justin play the piano
9. Being a mom
10. Blaring good music in my house & dancing around while cleaning, and ooh the laughs I get from Josiah, he thinks I'm the funniest person in the world next to his daddy.
11. Experimenting in the kitchen & making foods from scratch
12. Thursdays at the coolest coffee shop with my friends and their kids
13. Saturday mornings watching cartoons with Justin and Josiah in our pj's
14. Snuggling on the couch with my hubby
the song continued... "When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad. I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad!"
Ok, that was cheesy, I know. But I'm a cheesy girl, married to the man who tells the corny-est jokes on the planet and who is quite cheesy himself. You have permission to laugh at me all you want. :)
Aw, I love Thursdays too!!! :) :) :) Look forward to it every week.
ReplyDelete