Tabs

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Busy Weekend

Here's a picture of my bread. The loaves didn't turn out as pretty as my first batch, but it still tasted good. 
We decided on Friday that we were going to start working on our yard. It was a mess of weeds and overgrown plants and a falling down fence. So we got to work with our side-kick Josiah. 
Josiah and I both have allergies so we did a lot of sneezing while we were outside. We are also loved by mosquitos so I've got a bunch of bites on my legs...even with repellent on! 
He was working hard eating leaves, acorns, and dirt. He was so cute in his camo pants. He got so dirty! He sat and rolled around in the dirt. Just what boys are supposed to do, right?! 
I didn't take a before shot... but let me tell you, it was bad! The section by the house is where my "garden" was. It had turned into an infestation of weeds and dead vegetable plants. So I got after it with the hoe and now I have a large blister on my hand to show for it. 
We also cleaned up everything by our fence. The previous owners did not do anything to the landscaping and so it was wildly out of control. Justin also fixed the fence so it is not leaning anymore! We put mulch in all of the flower beds as well, and I'm so sore from hauling those bags around. I may have an inkling of a muscle in my arms now. ha ha! 
It feels so good to have it all done! You would be proud, Mom! A big THANK YOU to my mom who has helped immensely this past year in getting our yard to look better by doing some sort of clean up on it every time she visited. You helped make the task not so overwhelming. Thanks! :)

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer, that bread looks so good! You should tell me how you make it so I can make it too. Your backyard also looks much better than mine. I haven't even mowed in about 4 weeks and I definitely haven't pulled the weeds in the flowerbeds. Hope you, Justin, and Josiah are doing well. Nichole and I can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I LOVE them!