One of the neat ways I try to save money is by making my own laundry detergent. I have successfully converted my mom, sister, and 4 of my friends over to it as well! It is about the easiest thing in the world to make and it works really well. Now it doesn't smell fruity or flowery...it just smells fresh and clean. And there are no harmful skin irritants in it. There are just 3 ingredients- Borax, Super Washing Soda, and Fels Naptha Soap. Click
HERE for the recipe. I use the powdered one and love it. I have to also order my ingredients from this website (www.soapsgonebuy.com) because we have such a tiny grocery store, it doesn't carry these things. But at other bigger stores you can find all of these ingredients.
You should try one of the recipes and see if you like it! The liquid recipes cost only .04-.05 cents per load. Now that's cheap!
And don't worry if your husband rolls his eyes or calls you a hippie for doing this...he will get over it! Justin eventually did and now he just laughs at me when I bring a sample bag of it to my latest victim (friend) for them to try. So go out and be frugal today! It's fun~
I found the bars of Fels Naptha at Kroger for about a dollar each. They grate easily if you have one of those large kitchen graters.
ReplyDelete