Tabs

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Birthday Lens!

Last year with the money I got for my birthday I bought my awesome Canon Rebel Xti camera. It has taken me about a year to really learn to use it, and I'm still learning how to better take pictures. This year with my birthday money I bought myself a new lens for my camera, a Canon 50mm f1.8...Nice! I can see how photography can become an expensive hobby! Some lenses cost $1000 or more! Mine didn't cost near that much, just around $100, but I sure would love some of those high dollar lenses... a girl can dream can't she!

Here are just a few snapshots I took. These are straight out of the camera, no editing whatsoever. I have been trying forever to be able to capture the blueness of Josiah's eyes and had not been able to; unless I used the flash and I don't really like how the flash blows out the colors so much. And I have been wanting to be able to blur the background more when I take certain pictures and with this new lens I am able to do that!


His eyes are beautiful here!! This picture really captures his eyes like I have been wanting to!

3 comments:

  1. We're all so blessed by your photography hobby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome pics! i love the one w/the "like father like son" tee on...beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are great - we are in the process of narrowing down what fancy camera we want to buy! Any hints?

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I LOVE them!