That's what happened to our dinner last night.
In an ongoing effort to eat healthier I try to make as many things as I can from scratch, that way I know what's really in our food. I try to limit the amount of pre-packaged and over-processed items that I buy. So last night I decided to make stir fry. I had all my fresh veggies, chopped them up, made my own teriyaki sauce (which I've used in other recipes and it has been great).. and I followed my recipe. (I have the inability to "eyeball" things or come up with my own recipes, it never turns out good.)
So I made it all and had rice to go with it. It smelled good, looked pretty, and I was hungry. Justin took a bite and said it was alright, but wasn't sure if I'd like the texture of it.
I took a bite. GROSS! And spit it right back out. The texture was horrible, I couldn't even have it in my mouth. My stir fry was a disaster.... again! This was the 3rd time I'd made it, and I didn't really like it any time I made it, but this last time was the worse. Justin liked the previous ones I made. Maybe I'm just not a stir fry girl? Maybe I just need to buy the pre-packaged stir fry stuff in the frozen food section. Yeah, I think that's what I'll do.
Tonight I'm making homemade chicken noodle soup for my 2 sick boys (I think they have a stomach virus...eeeck! I'm praying I don't get it) and I'm going to try to make my own egg noodles. I've had them before, they're easy and I loved them so we'll see how it goes. Hope I don't have another disaster tonight!
so sorry to hear stir fry not your friend..u need different last name..like woo or yung or some ting like that....sorry it is the best i could come up with...what is it with the virus....little leah has had it for two days....24hrs of puking and now 48hrs of the runs....THANK YOU LORD for disposable diapers!!!!! a doctor on tv said february was the virus month...didn't say why...just that dr. offices are run over right now with the stuff. thought you guys might be to far north...guess ICE don't kill it!!!
ReplyDeleteI had trouble with my stir fry as well. So I went to Kobe and asked the chef a million questions! Really just watching him helped. :O) Date night!
ReplyDeleteI've just got to tell you - I've been trying to get the newborn to sleep for several hours and finally is asleep - I'm pretty sure it is thanks to the music on your blog!
ReplyDeleteI can't tell you how many times I make something and then I can't eat it!! I hate that!
ReplyDelete