Tabs

Monday, November 30, 2009

Thankful Hearts

Reasons to be Thankful this week:

1. For the ability to be able to get on an airplane and fly home to Texas....

Last week we had a blast visiting our family in Texas. It went by way to fast as always. I am so thankful we were able to be with Justin's family for Thanksgiving. We ate a lot of food (Justin and I ate nearly a whole 1/2 gallon of Blue Bell ice cream!), enjoyed the warm Texas weather, watched movies, ate at Chick-Fil-A (yipee!), Justin played golf with his brother, and we had fun playing with Justin's brother's 15 month old foster child. He and Josiah had a really fun time rough-housing together. I have so many cute pictures of them, but sadly I can't put them up since he is a foster child, that's the rules.

2. My brother and his wife are expecting.... TWINS!!
(insert here: Jennifer literally jumps for joy!)

After nearly 2 1/2 years of difficulties trying to get pregnant, the Lord in His perfect timing, has blessed them with 2 babies! I am so thrilled and excited that I can hardly stand it! They are going to be amazing parents. And I'm thankful because in just a few short weeks we get to see them and my sister-in-law's already growing baby bump.

3. For a healthy baby boy and easy pregnancy that I have been blessed with.

Every day I am thankful for the gift of another child that we will be able to meet soon! He now has a name, but we are keeping it a secret until his grand arrival into the world! :)

4. For God's great love and faithfulness.

Our wonderful Father has seen us through a lot this past year. A year ago we were making preparations to move and saying our goodbyes and it was one of the most difficult and scary times for me. We had no idea what to expect, or what God had planned for us in South Dakota, we were just going because He said, "Go!" Many times I wished he would just give me a glimpse of the future so I wouldn't be so worried, or so I would know what to expect, but he never did. We just continued to put our trust in our Father who has never let us down. I love what Nehemiah says about how God provided for the Israelites after He freed them from the bondage of the Pharaoh through Moses....

"Because of your great compassion you did not abandon them in the desert. By day the pillar of cloud did not cease to guide them on their path, nor the pillar of fire by night to shine on the path they were to take. You gave your good Spirit to instruct them. You did not withhold your manna [food from heaven] from their mouths, and you gave them water for their thirst. For forty years you sustained them in the desert; they lacked nothing, their clothes did not wear out nor did their feet become swollen."
Nehemiah 9:19-21

Isn't this a beautiful example of God's enduring faithfulness to us... and His love... and this just shows us how no matter what happens in our lives we can trust in Him to see us through... always. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I LOVE them!