
Today was my first day (or part of a day) to be on my own with 2 children.
My mom and dad left yesterday. I was so sad to see them go. :(
And this morning Justin had a 4 hour meeting at the bus barn with all of the other bus drivers.
We get up, out of bed, that's the first hurdle (I am not a morning person so it's hard for me to get out of bed every morning). We have omelets and leftover blueberry muffins for breakfast... and after that my kitchen somehow is a horrible mess. Not to mention at one point when I was holding Paul he had projectile spit-up over my shoulder onto the floor that I nearly slipped on as I turned around to see what the splashing noise was behind me.
Josiah has 3 BAD poopy diapers and Paul has 2 just normal poopy diapers all before 9am. Paul is having a major spit-up party on my shirt all during this time as well. If anyone wants to try a new perfume called From the Mouths of Babes (a.k.a. spit-up), I can bottle it up and send you some. It's all the rage.... NOT! ha ha!
After all this, I decide that I need a shower BIG TIME! So I put Paul in the bouncy chair and Josiah occupies himself by pulling everything out from under the bathroom cabinets, trying to brush Paul's teeth with his toothbrush, combing Paul's hair, pretending to dry Paul's hair with my hairdryer, throwing random toys into the shower with me, trying to get in the shower fully clothed, turning the bathroom lights off and on....ect. ect. ect... all this in a mere 6 minutes.
Once the 3 of us are all clothed and out of our PJ's, Paul is hungry so I feed him. He finally falls asleep! Miraculously, the boy can fall asleep even though Josiah is being as loud as humanly possible. I go into our bedroom and lay him down for a minute and realize that the light is shining beautifully through the window. I grabbed the camera and snapped these shots before he woke back up and got mad. Newborn babies are so sweet!
Thankfully Justin arrived home at noon and didn't comment on how the house (which was seemingly picked up before he left) turned into a giant disaster, nor did he comment on the stench of poo, spit-up, and burned eggs (don't ask) that filled the air. He just walked in and said, "Well, you look like you survived!"

And I did, I survived my first 4 hours alone with 2 boys! THIS is a great accomplishment. :)
Tomorrow will be even more interesting, as Josiah goes to a Mom's Morning Out at a church downtown and we have to be there at 9am. It will be a very hectic and comical morning tomorrow, but that's ok, I have these two boys to keep me smiling! :)


I love it! You are a good mom.
ReplyDeleteJust remember - God never gives you more than you can handle!
ReplyDeleteBTW - Everytime I see your blog I feel the urge to get pregnant again - AHHHHHH!!!!
I am laughing out loud bc I can barely get it together with one! I can just see Josiah trying to "take care" of the baby!! Way to go for surviving! Those pictures are soooo sweet and good! I mailed you a package today and realized I didn't even put a card in it! Oops and so sorry!
ReplyDeleteI remember those days. You did a fantastic job. Don't worry about Josiah trying to "help" it continues on until they are old enough to tell them NO. That is where Taylor is at right now. No Bubba I do it!.
ReplyDeleteLove
Melisa
Congrats on a beautiful baby boy and making it on your own for a while! We are so proud for you and your family and are so glad everyone is healthy.
ReplyDeleteWow! This really brought back memories. You survived and you will continue to survive because you are a good mother.
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you and all your boys, big and little!
Kathleen
Wow! This really brought back memories. You survived and you will continue to survive because you are a good mother.
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you and all your boys, big and little!
Kathleen