This cute little man is 3 months old!!
- Weighs 15 lbs 3 oz
- Has about 3 rolls that make up his thighs
- Smiles a lot, especially when someone talks to him
- Is such a happy and content little guy! So happy in fact that we didn't realize he had a double
ear infection and RSV until I took him to the doctor this past Monday because he had had a
cold for quite a while and was having a low grade fever only in the afternoons for 2 days. Never
would have known he was that sick by the way he was acting!
- Gets a little freaked out when Josiah starts getting too close to him.
- He's terrified of the swing because of being pushed too hard in it by a certain someone.
- Loves to be naked and loves to take a bath!
- Hates the carseat
- Loves to ride wrapped up on my chest in my Moby Wrap.
- Still sleeps wonderfully, only waking up a few times at night to nurse then goes back to sleep.
- Loves to be outside
- He's starting to drool. Thankfully the spitting up has lessened.
- Makes his daddy gag a lot, he must know it grosses daddy out because every time I hand him
over he will blow a big spit-up right on Justin. ha ha!! Makes me laugh so hard! And it never
fails to happen right before we're going to eat. :)
- He has the most beautiful complexion!
- Is ticklish under his neck roll
- Loves to cuddle and be held close (momma doesn't mind either!)
- Smiles a lot, especially when someone talks to him
- Is such a happy and content little guy! So happy in fact that we didn't realize he had a double
ear infection and RSV until I took him to the doctor this past Monday because he had had a
cold for quite a while and was having a low grade fever only in the afternoons for 2 days. Never
would have known he was that sick by the way he was acting!
- Gets a little freaked out when Josiah starts getting too close to him.
- He's terrified of the swing because of being pushed too hard in it by a certain someone.
- Loves to be naked and loves to take a bath!
- Hates the carseat
- Loves to ride wrapped up on my chest in my Moby Wrap.
- Still sleeps wonderfully, only waking up a few times at night to nurse then goes back to sleep.
- Loves to be outside
- He's starting to drool. Thankfully the spitting up has lessened.
- Makes his daddy gag a lot, he must know it grosses daddy out because every time I hand him
over he will blow a big spit-up right on Justin. ha ha!! Makes me laugh so hard! And it never
fails to happen right before we're going to eat. :)
- He has the most beautiful complexion!
- Is ticklish under his neck roll
- Loves to cuddle and be held close (momma doesn't mind either!)
House situation:Over a month ago our landlords told us that they wanted to sell the house we're in because they want to move to Arizona to be with their kids and grandkids. This wasn't too much of a surprise to us, they miss their kids like crazy and hate being so far from them. So we started looking around at other rent houses and houses for sale. Houses here in South Dakota are not made like houses in the south. I despise split-level homes. Our house in Quitman was the most perfect house, even though it was older, I loved most everything about it! So, we looked and looked and realized that the rent we were paying was so cheap for the house! Houses the same size or smaller are renting for $300-400 more a month than what we're paying!! God truly blessed us with this place when we moved here.
So, while our landlords were fixing up the house a bit (they put laminate wood floors in the kitchen and dining room and new carpet in the bedrooms and living room upstairs), we continued to look. They told us they would make us a good offer on the home if we wanted to buy it. So they gave us their rock bottom price that they could sell it for, which turned out to be pretty good, so we decided to buy it!! No moving, no packing, no rushing to find another place, no stress... thank goodness! Our mortgage payment will actually be only $50 more than the rent we are paying so we are pleased. I am overjoyed that we aren't moving. I was quite stressed about it. And our landlords are excited too! Now they just have to sell their home.
Gardening Time:So now that we're staying in this house, I can start tearing up part of the backyard for my garden (YIPEE!!!). I am SO thrilled! Justin probably isn't as thrilled because I'm going to need his help building it and I'll need help with the tiller that we're going to rent to tear up the ground. Last year I tilled it with a shovel and that was A LOT of work.
I really have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to gardening. Every time I plant something it is a new experiment and learning experience for me. I bought this book that my friend told me is wonderful, I'm just waiting for it to come in the mail. This year, since I will have more room, I think I'm going to plant :
Green beans, squash, onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapenos, potatoes (maybe), carrots, lettuce (maybe), and all of my herbs in pots.
What do ya think? Anything else I should plant? I'd love to do purple hull peas but I'd have to till up my whole yard to get enough for as much as we'd want to eat! And I don't have a pea sheller so it would take forever to shell them by hand (I've tried).
I have a new friend who lives around the corner and she's going to grow strawberries, watermelons, cucumbers, and a few other things. We're going to share our extras with each other so that will be fun! And she wants to learn how to can and make preserves, so we'll have fun this summer. She has 2 little girls, they are the same ages as Josiah and Paul. We enjoy getting to hang out with them.


Have I rambled enough? I'll ramble some more another day. Can't wait to post my recent adventures in cooking things from scratch.... caramel popcorn (delicious!), tortillas, queso (without velvetta), caramel candies, fajita seasoning mix.... Oh and homemade baby wipes are awesome! Who knew you could make those yourself?! I was amazed. Stay tuned!


The older (and fatter) that Paul gets, the more he looks like his momma's baby pictures.
ReplyDeleteI haven't had a chance to read your blog in awhile. I LOVE your description of your family Easter picture, the nose picking toddler and your sweet chubby chubby 3 month old!!! So happy for you that you don't have to pack up and move too!
ReplyDeletePrecious pictures of Paul-his little rolls are so cute! Congrats on the house as well. What a blessing from God...
ReplyDeleteI'm excited to see the results of your garden. Do things grow pretty well up there? I am no where near advanced as you, but I planted a few herbs this spring! I can see how you can get hooked ; )