I am waaay behind on blogging. There's been so much going on lately... But everyone is asleep now so here I am blogging away!
A few weeks ago we met my family in Estes Park, Colorado. We stay in the YMCA of the Rockies and it is a fun place with so many neat things to do. The whole week was wonderful. Josiah wanted to "go on an adventure" everyday. He's going to be our traveler, he loves to go, see, and do anything!
This is Josiah being mad. He did not like it that another little girl was trying to play with him on the playground so he stormed away, stood on the bench where I was sitting and stood there like that for a few minutes saying, "Mommy, I no play with her, I want to play by myself!!"
Now that's a first. He ALWAYS wants someone to play with. We just never know what he's going to do next.

So we left the playground because obviously he was in a bad mood and went to the craft barn. He picked out a truck that we glued all of the wood pieces together and painted it. He loved it! He doesn't look happy in the picture but he was. Painting is serious business, one must not be disturbed. ha!

My mom also brought some crafts from home to do with him. They painted a bird house, found rocks and painted them, and glittered pine cones. His favorite thing was for my mom to paint something on his hand.


My dad also arranged for us to go 4-wheeler riding through the woods. This was SOOO fun!! For 3 hours (the maximum amount of time I could be away from Paul before he starved) it was pedal to the metal driving like crazies through the woods on trails. We had a blast!! I love driving and going fast... we didn't go out of control fast, just fast enough. :)

The guys also did a lot of fly fishing. Justin and my dad were in heaven.
This place they were fishing had the most gorgeous view of Long's Peak.
They also did some fishing on some lakes in the mountains and waded into the water to fish. They said it was unbelievably beautiful.

My dad is so funny, he's the one that got Justin hooked on fly fishing and now I never see him when we go on vacation with my parents. He tells me that when we go to Colorado he MUST steal Justin away and take him fishing. Literally, they fished and fished and fished. But they love it and they both needed the quietness and fun of doing something they enjoy. My dad is so glad I married someone who likes to fish, neither of my brothers like to fish, though they do try!

Another fun thing we did was square dance! This was hysterical beyond words. We all laughed more than we could dance. No one in the family is rhythmically inclined and we kept forgetting what to do, so it was mostly laughing, not a lot of dancing. :)

Here we are being taught how to line dance. Justin and Patrick were the funniest out of everyone. Too bad I didn't have a video camera!

Josiah loves riding ponies!

Half of the week Paul didn't feel good, between teething and allergies he was miserable. But for a few days I got some good smiles out of him!

Josiah is so unpredictable. 2 seconds before this picture was taken he was laughing and running around. I merely asked him to stand by the rock so I could take his picture. He looked at me like I had 18 heads, sat down and made this horribly mad face and was mumbling words about not wanting to do it. What, are you 15 already? ha ha! All I could do was laugh.





My sister and her boyfriend like to go bouldering = free climbing a big boulder.
Oh to be athletic again.... many many moons ago I could do this.

Josiah loves his Aunt Stephanie. They are buds. She is so sweet with him.

"Steph, let's go on an adventure" - Josiah

Thanks Dad and Mom for so graciously planning this trip and for the most wonderful week together! We love making memories with you all.


I love this! It is so neat to see all that you do as a family. Cute pics to boot!
ReplyDeleteHow fun!! I'm jealous. I love Colorado! I was cracking up at how moody Josiah was being- that is my daughter exactly! I am glad you got a nice vacation!
ReplyDeletebeautiful pics! looks like a blast and many great memories were made.
ReplyDelete