Last week was my 28th birthday *gasp*. (Getting close to the big 3-0, oh my!) I'm not the kind of girl who drools over diamonds and jewelry. I like practical, useful things. For instance my mother got me real loaf baking pans and heavy duty cookie sheets. Wow, was I SOO excited!! :) I've been using these horrible cookie sheets that burn everything and pyrex dishes to bake my bread in for the last 8 years. Thanks Mom!!
My dear husband treated me to a lovely evening on my birthday. He arranged for someone to watch our children and he took me out to the best italian food restaurant we have ever been to. It's a local place downtown, in a quaint little restaurant. Everything we ate was divine, the bread, olive oil for dipping, smoked salmon bruschetta, penne ala vodka with chicken, salad, and even the cheesecake for dessert. Then we went somewhere else to get hot chocolate and just enjoyed our time alone together. I always enjoy getting to spend time with him, that was probably my favorite part of the day.
The gift he got me was huge.
He custom made a closet organization system for our closet.
I am weird. I get excited about closet organization.
But look. THIS IS DISASTROUS! Does anyone else have a closet that looks like this?
There is nothing beneficial to having one long shelf and one rod. It becomes a mess that piles on more mess. Eeek. I always dreaded opening our closet...
But not anymore!!!!
Isn't it gorgeous!!!
He did a phenomenal job!!!
What a man, what a sweet sweet man. He spent his Sunday afternoon, (when he's usually drained from church and preaching and leading worship) building and installing it.
We also purged a large amount of clothes out of the closet. That definitely helps too.
Less stuff = less chaos.
We also purged a large amount of clothes out of the closet. That definitely helps too.
Less stuff = less chaos.
I am so thankful for his love. Every time I open my closet I will think of his love and kindness to me. :)
Wow!! That is awesome!! My closet still looks like your before photo! LOL!! Love you guys so much!!
ReplyDeleteneat!!! way to go justin, it looks great. and i totally agree w/you, less stuff = less chaos. i love purging! makes me feel good to throw stuff away. i'm a weirdo. glad you had a great bday!!! oh, and 30 isn't so bad. i still feel like i'm 20! hopefully i will feel that way for a very, very long time. ;)
ReplyDelete