Tabs

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Christmas Travels


                             

Christmas in Texas was loads of fun.  We spent the week at my parents house and my siblings and their families were also there.  As always, we love catching up with each other, long talks until 3am with my brother, pool time, lots of eating, had our traditional fried shrimp Christmas meal yum!, Leah was held 24/7, painting Van Gogh's Starry Night picture together (Justin won "Most Like the Original"), visit from my Aunt and her family, and both sets of grandparents.  We also went wedding dress shopping with my sister, she's getting married in June!  Oh that was so fun!

Our trip there was eventful: kids did not sleep on either airplane. We had a 4 hour layover in Denver.  Leah and I were separated from Justin and the boys on both flights.  Horrific crying from all 3 kids when we arrived at the car rental place at 11:30pm... I'm talking about 2 kids laying on the floor screaming and everyone is staring at you kind of fun. Car rental place has no minivans or cars left, just a truck and a 15 passenger van.  Yep, we drove a 15 passenger van to Beaumont. ha! And we learned that Paul gets carsick, he didn't sleep all the way to Beaumont or very much the rest of the night and started puking early that morning.  So fun, soooo fun.  Once that was all over, the rest of the week was wonderful!

I miss my brothers and sister so much. I wish we all didn't live in different states. We truly enjoy being together. We don't have family drama, we don't fight or argue, we genuinely have a good time together. I wish it could happen more often, instead of once or twice a year.  I'm so thankful for my parents and their continual sacrifice of their time and money so our family can spend time together.


Leah has magical powers. She causes anyone that holds her to fall asleep.  One day 3 different people held her off and on and all 3 people ended up sleeping with her on their chests on the couch.


















The day before we left, we drove to see Justin's family.  The boys love their Uncle Brad, he's still a kid at heart. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I LOVE them!