He is such a joy to our family, full of laughter, smiles, and is full of cute toddler talking.
Some fun facts about Paul:
- Weighs about 26 lbs and is in size 18-24 months clothes. He has no butt so his pants do not stay up very well.
- He jabbers and talks all of the time. He speaks in sentences and repeats everything Josiah says and does. He has the sweetest little voice, here are some cute things he says:
- "It's cold out der"
- "I hug Weah, I so nice"
- "One, two, free, four, five, ix, seven, eight, nine, ten, eweven, firteen, eighteen, TWENTY!"
- "It's wowd (loud)!"
- "I wuv yewww!"
- When it's time to get in bed and go to sleep he'll get out several time with these excuses: "My head hurts." My peeenis hurts." "My eye hurts." "I dirsty."
- He'll say he has to pee pee, then he runs to the potty, lifts up the seat, pulls his shirt up and sticks his belly out, then flushes the toilet, closes the lid, and yells, "I DID IT!"
- He loves to take a bath and loves to be in the water. When he swam in the pool at my parents house over Christmas my mom said he was like a wild animal. He puts his head under the water, leaps all around, and has no fear.
- He's a mini-vegetarian. His favorite foods are:
- Asparagus, peas, green beans, carrots, lima beans, corn on the cob, strawberries, blueberries, pomegranate seeds, avocados, peaches, apples, grapes, watermelon, bananas, ect... basically he eats almost any fruit or vegetable you give him.
- Next he loves breads (especially cornbread), cereal, yogurt, pancakes, boiled eggs, macaroni and cheese, and peanut butter & jelly sandwiches.
- Lastly, he'll eat meat if he's still hungry.
- Oh and he comes running for ice cream, chocolate, or sweets of any kind!
- Through deductive reasoning (2 episodes of vomiting this year after plane/long car trips), we concluded that he must get carsick. On the next longer car ride, this boy is getting dramamine!
- Still wakes up 1-4 times at night for reasons we cannot figure out.
- He does great now when I leave him at Mom's Morning Out or at the BSF nursery.
- Still has a quick temper. You better not cross Paul, or he'll let you know. He can go from happy to flaming mad, on the floor screaming an ear piercing scream in no time. Sometimes Josiah is even scared of Paul. haha!
- Not a fan of watching TV or movies.
- A huge fan of playing by himself. His favorite things to play with are:
- A spray bottle filled with water and a rag. He loves to clean everything.
- His $1 kid vacuum we found at a thrift store.
- The kitchen set, he loves to make food for us to eat. He can cook for hours.
- Give him an empty container and several smaller items to put in the container and he will go to town, sorting, putting them in and out of the container, and so on.
- The sand in the sandbox.
- Taking apart anything.
- Toothbrushes. Can't tell you how many times I've found that he's climbed on the bathroom counter, retrieved the toothbrushes and used them to "clean" everything around the house, including the toilet bowl. ha ha, gross!
- Watercolors and a paintbrush
- the kid microphone. He can carry a tune and loves to sing and dance. I see a karaoke machine in our future.
Paul at 1 month old.
Seems like yesterday...
He has the longest, most gorgeous eyelashes. I don't know who he got them from because neither Justin nor eye have any eyelashes to speak of! I use mascara and mine are still minuscule and thin. But just look at his, they intertwine together they get so long!
His bellybutton is his go-to comfort thing. He's always sticking his finger in it..
His first words were, "I hungry"
He still eats all of the time, even though he's a skinny boy!
Paul adores his brother. They play, laugh, fight, wrestle, get into trouble, copy each other constantly, and love each other so much. I hope they grow up to be the best of friends.
When he takes a picture he squeezes both eyes closed, says, "SAY CHEESE!", gets in a lunge position with one foot forward and snaps the picture.
Family party for Paul.
Sheet cake and ice cream.
He wanted Justin to relight the candle several times, he enjoyed blowing the candle out over and over.
For his birthday we got him his very own spray bottle, child size broom and mop, and rags.
Me and Paul, he's 8 months old here.
Me and Paul, on his 2 year birthday.
Love his smile and his bright blue eyes.
Happy Birthday little man!









Such a sweet post about precious Paul!! I loved the part about Paul wanting to blow out the candle over and over!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to sweet Paul!! I can not believe he is 2.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy Paul was born! Tell him aunt steph misses playing in the pool with him!
ReplyDelete