Tabs

Monday, July 30, 2012

My Sister Got Hitched


In the middle of June, Leah and I flew to Oklahoma City to spend a few days with my mom, sister, and grandparents before my sister's wedding. I had looked forward to that week for a LONG time! And I can honestly say, I enjoyed every minute of every day I was there. My mom, sister, and I all get a long really well. Since our time together is always short, we cherish the moments. 

When Leah and I arrived we drove straight to see my Mom's mother. I had not been to see her in about 5 years. We had a lovely visit, and she made us her famous taco's for lunch. I devoured 8 tacos, like a champ! :)  Thank you Grandma for having us over, it was a joy to spend time with you and Grandpa! 
(sorry Mom, your eyes were closed in all of the pictures, this one was the best!)
When we arrived at my sisters house that evening, Leah was exhausted and she and I both crashed.
The next day the 3 of us worked on making wedding fans and mending her dress. We laughed and talked and caught up on each other lives. Such fun memories. 




Stephanie and Patrick rented a cute little house! Their yard is full of various vegetable plants and flowers. They have squash/pumpkin/gourd vines growing everywhere!
After spending a few nights with my sister, I headed over to my other grandparents house and stayed there there rest of the time. I love this picture of my grandfather working in his office.
Leah was entertained by everyone, and she was soooo happy!


She even took piano lessons from her great-grandma! 

Another fun night was spent at a bachelorette party/shower for unmentionables with Stephanie's friends and bridesmaids. I cried tears from laughing so hard that night. Stephanie truly has amazing friends who love her. She is a blessed girl. 




Patrick's family threw a wonderful rehearsal dinner, complete with homemade lasagna, bread, salads and desserts. 

The Dad's







Since they didn't take any engagement pictures I made them come with me for 10 minutes to get some shots after the rehearsal dinner. 
Aren't they the cutest couple?! 

Oh the lovebirds!
All of the little cousins enjoyed playing with each other. We are so sad we don't live closer to everyone, we are all spread out in different states. But when we get together, it's a big, giant party...loud, lots of talking, laughter, messes, and catching up!





The day of the wedding I pretty much put my camera away, I wanted to be present and enjoy the moments. Most of the pictures were taken by someone else! 

She was stunning. My mom and I could not stop staring at her, she was just radiant! 
We were so happy that her childhood friend Laurie could fly in and be in the wedding. She's like a part of our family and we really enjoyed seeing her! 
The wedding itself was beautiful and sweet. My sister was calm and laid back.  The food was incredible and I ate a bite of everything, especially from the dessert table. Yum! There was dancing, seeing relatives that we had not seen in years and watching my sister float on a cloud she looked so happy, and decorating their car with a blinking neon 'Just Married' sign with balloons and chickens and car spray paint decor done by John and Peter...and then it was over all too soon as we sent them off into the night as they ran down the steps in a glow of sparklers.

Here are a few pictures Peter took for me..
It was hot and we were sweaty! 
John and his girlfriend Hilary
They were instrumental in decorating my sister's car to the fullest extent of awesome. I don't have pictures of it, but it was out of this world amazing. 
After the wedding, we hung out and Leah gave a lot of kisses to her second cousins.
The boys were just a constant ball of chaos and energy! My parents are so good at spending time with them!




On Sunday, most everyone (except some of us girls), went out to my grandparent's land. They drove go-karts, and the old jeep, and explored. Josiah loved riding fast in the go-kart.... just like his momma did/does!
Who knew an old tree limb could be so entertaining to 2 year olds!
We have 3 sets of twins in my dad's side of the family. I have twin cousins (we are a week apart in age), and another set of cousins who are a few years younger, and then my brother has twins. I'm afraid to have more children... for fear of twins! ha! 

These two were my buddies growing up. Remember when we used to go through the trees on the ski slopes and get stuck in gigantic powder trails at the top of the T-bar slopes in Breckinridge... And when we watched Alien vs. Predator that one year and one of you had to walk me back to my room because I was too scared to ride the elevator by myself?... And when I would always have to sit in the middle of you two so you wouldn't fight? And when we were in Rome and the tour guide grossed us out so bad with her man hair armpits? 
We were the oldest grandkids and were like the 3 amigos. It's always good to see them. Hard to believe we are the age we remember our parents being...

Josiah and his 2nd cousin Mackenzie (my twin cousin's daughter), absolutely adored each other! They are a lot alike. If we lived close to them, I imagine they would have the same kind of fun that I had growing up with my cousins.
Look at David, the heartbreaker!



It was so hot and humid in Oklahoma City that we let the kids play in the water. 
What could be better than that!



And then their Nana and Papa read them all one last story before bedtime and before we all had to say goodbye and farewell. 

I will always remember my sister's wedding weekend with such fondness and joy with great memories made. I'm so thankful for a great family!

2 comments:

  1. Ditto, ditto, ditto to your above comment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post. Your sister is so sweet. I'm so glad she is happily married. I'm even more glad that you went out a week early to have some girl time/relaxation time. You sooo needed/deserved it. I miss our face to face conversations. It's been what, like 8 years since we lived together? Such good memories.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I LOVE them!