Last Monday, the weather people were warning of a large winter storm coming this past weekend. They did not lie.. it was a doozy. I was going to post this on Friday... until we lost power for a while. Another post coming on pictures of our weekend.
With my little helpers, we picked everything out of the garden:
the carrots, leeks, pumpkins, all of the green and red tomatoes, and all of the herbs
About 40 leeks!
I chopped them and froze them all to use later.
Josiah planted 2 pumpkin seeds and we got 5 lovely pumpkins from them. He was so very proud!
They had a great time pulling carrots. Paul was wild, he got right into the dirt and dug around them like a super-digger and pulled them out. He would scream, " I GOT ONE, I GOT ONE! LOOOOOK!", every time he pulled one out of the ground.
They all worked very hard digging for the carrots.
They were like buried treasure since Leah kept just pulling the tops off!
I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but she is covered in dirt!
Once we were finished they dug in the dirt for 2 hours searching for worms. We found a lot of them. Josiah was terrified of them and Paul just picked them up and put them in his bucket.
Goodbye summer, we will miss you!














You and Justin really know how to grow fruits and vegetables well!! Everything you grow looks great of good size and quantity! The pumpkins Josiah grew were fantastic looking!! Very cute pictures of your sweet children helping you in the garden!! Paul cracks me up with his excitement over vegetables!!
ReplyDelete