How do you like our sweat bands?
In January, we started exercising. For real exercising. Not just a half-hearted effort, but a 10 week plan. And guess what, we finished it! The plan was to workout 5 days a week. That did not always happen, due to sickness, but we did very good! We did these workout videos called T25. It's a 10 week plan, with several videos, telling you which video to do for the 5 workout days per week. We really liked it, it's only 25 minutes per workout, and it's tough but doable!
At first, it was hard. We are not coordinated people so getting the moves down was difficult the first 2 weeks. And the huffing and puffing and burning of muscles you did not know you had was also hard to get used to! But, we pushed through. Towards the middle of it, I started to lose steam (as I tend to do, I don't really like exercising), and Justin has been great at pushing me to keep going.
We also decided to stop eating so many desserts (insert Jennifer's very sad face) and Justin broke up with his beloved Dr. Pepper. We started incorporating more fruits and vegetables with our meals too and overall made an effort to lessen our sugar intake.
At the end of the 10 weeks, Justin lost 25 pounds and over 4 inches off his waist, and I lost 8 pounds (the rest of my post-pregnancy weight!) and 3 inches off of my waist and went down a pant size. I was shocked!
We plan to start over with the second phase of the workout plan and continue what we've been doing with our better eating habits… and continue to make them our lifestyle! We took a hiatus from exercising for about a week and a half after we completed the 10 weeks, when flew to Texas, and we ate terrible while we were there. I ate probably half a gallon of blue bell ice cream, we drank Dr. Pepper made with real sugar, we ate at chick fil a, and the cracker barrel and mexican food (be still my heart), and did not eat many vegetables! But we enjoyed it all very much after not having that stuff for such a long time. :)
This week we've got to get back on track to continue our journey together to get stronger and healthier. I am very proud of us! And it's much more fun to do it together (with our kids laughing at us as they watch from the couch), and laughing at each other because we look so silly in our sweat bands and our uncoordinated arms and legs flailing about. We are making memories our kids will surely never forget!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a comment, I LOVE them!