Our house was built in 1961, and it's a great house. We love the layout and the character that it has. Unfortunately, in the 60's, 70's and 80's wallpaper was the "in" thing to do. The bathrooms, kitchen, entry way, and laundry room all have old wall paper on the walls. Last night Justin and I decided to start ripping it down because we are in the process of updating our kitchen. In the entry way I started tearing down the first layer, then another, and another...there were a total of 4 layers of wall paper that just got uglier and uglier! Underneath it all was a peach colored paint!
In the kitchen there are 3 layers of wallpaper, a layer of laminate, and then paneling. Hmmm.... very strange I must say.
So our house is a disaster! NEVER in my life will I EVER put wall paper on a wall. It is an utter pain to deal with!! I just don't understand why people ever put up wall paper. It's so much harder to put up then just painting a wall?!? Oh well, it will look much better once we're all done. Better get back to it..ugh!
this cracks me up...i totally agree w/you on wallpaper! i bet your kitchen will look awesome when you guys are done...can't wait to see it.
ReplyDelete