Today is my baby's first birthday!! A year ago today we were enjoying the precious moments of his first few hours in the world and in our arms. It feels like just yesterday that he was born...my not so tiny baby...with red hair...the fatest legs you've ever seen...and big hands...who looked just like his daddy....and who is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.
This is a picture of us from the day he was born.
Flash forward and now he is walking, has a great sense of humor, smiles and laughs all of the time, still has red hair, still has chubby legs, still is a big boy, and still looks like his daddy (although he does look a little like me too now). And we are enjoying every sweet moment with him. He is a joy!!!
Here are some pictures of his first birthday that we celebrated a few weekends ago with the family.
Here is my dad and Justin's step-dad. One is Papaw and the other is Papa
His yummy birthday cakes that I made and decorated (with the help of my mother-in-law). They turned out much better than I anticipated!
The birthday boy with his birthday crown on! He was so adorable. I can't believe he let us put that thing on his head.
Party on the deck
Me and my Dad

Josiah has all of the attention....
About to sing Happy Birthday

He wasn't so sure what to do with the cake. We were for sure he would just dig right in, but he didn't, he just got his pointer finger and poked at it for a while.

Then we gave him a spoon and he started demolishing it
My parents
Justin's parents
Justin's brother, his wife, and their foreign exchange student
Opening presents
He is loving his new red wagon!
He likes to go fast!
One happy family
Happy Birthday Josiah!!
Time flies huh? Especially when you are a mommy. Happy birthday Josiah! Hope he has a great day!
ReplyDeleteWow I can't believe he is already one. I remember when we was a newborn and when you were pregnant for that matter. Tell him happy birthday and I love y'all.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Josiah! What an adorable little guy.
ReplyDeleteDoesn't time fly by? Before you know it he will be 4. He is precious!
ReplyDeletei like your hair! it goes by so fast.. hollyn was 6 months last week- we are halfway there!
ReplyDelete