Tabs

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Toddler Times Have Arrived!

I love love love this picture of Josiah! He's so handsome, like his daddy. He has become a toddler, almost overnight it seemed. One day I looked at him and realized that he's not a baby anymore. He doesn't make those baby noises anymore or do the cute little baby things that he once did. Now he's just a crazy little boy who is into everything. So here are a few things that he is doing now:
~ He suddenly decided he doesn't like to pick up anything with his fingers anymore and wants everything going into his mouth to be from a spoon or fork. Except corn on the cob, he will chow down that with no problems. Hopefully he will decide eating with his hands is ok soon.

~He has started climbing! AH! Climbs on his toys, on the fireplace brick, on the coffee table, and pretty soon he'll be climbing into the chair and couch once he can hike his leg up that high!

~He doesn't say actual words yet, except daddy and momma, but he babbles and says all kinds of things ALL of the time. We have no idea what he's saying. It sounds like some ancient African language or something. He can talk really fast and it's quite amazing.

~He LOVES to go outside. He is tall enough to reach the door knob and is always pulling on it wanting to go outside.

~His favorite toys are Justin's golf clubs and golf balls. He carries them all around the house and tries to hit the balls with the clubs.

~He has wild curly hair and it's beautiful. I am going to have to cut it soon otherwise if it gets much longer he will have a baby mullet or look like a girl. I am hoping that the curls will come back once they're cut, but I doubt it because the rest of his hair is straight. :(

~He is starting to scream when he wants something and if he doesn't get it right away he will make a fist and shake his hands around. Uh oh....hopefully he doesn't get the McPherson temper (that's my side of the family).

~I have failed at teaching him sign language. He knows the signs but won't do them. Stubborn little man, he'd rather scream. ha ha!

~He runs all over the house, opening drawers and cabinets, putting objects in baskets, drawers, trash cans, or whatever hole he can find to put something in. I have found several shoes in trash cans, he took my hairbrush one morning and it took me a week to find it, and I never know what I'm going to find when I go through our dirty clothes hamper- toys, measuring cups, socks, shoes, books, you name it he's put it in there.

He's so much fun right now. He never ceases to make us laugh. Like right now, he's laying on his back babbling at the top of his lungs with his feet up in the air and rolling back and forth, and smiling so big. It's just priceless. Having a child is such a blessing. :)

1 comment:

  1. he is so cute and funny! there is NEVER a dull moment with a little one- i have been thinking about you and hoping the weaning is going ok

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I LOVE them!