It is hard to believe that in a few short weeks we will be driving through Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, and into South Dakota to make our new home and new friends, and new everything. For some reason it feels like we are about to embark on the Oregon Trail (did you ever play that game on the computer? I did and loved it.) Seriously though, we're going in the dead of winter with our covered wagon...I mean u-Haul...and everything we have to start new and go where God has called us. My heart starts to beat fast when I think about how dramatically different life is going to be starting in January. We really don't know what to expect. We don't know yet how God is going to use us. We just know that where He leads, we will go. And even though it's kind of scary, we are excited and little giddy inside thinking about what God has in store. "Oh Lord, breathe on us a fresh wind, and a fresh fire, burn away the dross and use us for Your Glory."
So, the departure date of our journey through the snowy plains is January 1st. We plan to take 2 days of driving, depending on the weather (and how many freak-outs I have because I am scared to drive in the snow...thankfully I have all-wheel drive on my SUV). The next several weeks are busy ones, going to see family and friends, enjoying Christmas with our parents and siblings, packing, and then saying bittersweet goodbyes that will really be hard. I hate to cry, but I'm such a softy, and don't know if I will be able to hold it in much longer. So if you see me cry, it's not because I'm afraid of what lies ahead, just sad to be leaving the friendships and people we love behind.
Anyway, I've begun to ramble. I better make some hot chocolate quick, the cold front is coming through and I can feel my insides starting to get chilly. I'm going to get fat on hot chocolate in South Dakota. ha ha!
I'm so completely excited for you and your family. The wonderful thing about filling your covered wagon and heading north is that in this day and age we have the internet and no matter how many miles separate us, we are connected not only cyberly but for all eternity through Jesus!
ReplyDelete