Tabs

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Church, Mountain Lion Hunting, & Boot Camp

Church-
This past Saturday night we had 3 new visitors join us for worship. Remember that couple Mike and Theresa I asked you to pray for a few posts back? Well, they came! And Mike brought his sister as well.  We had a nice time getting to talk with them. I got to spend a lot of time talking to Theresa because both of our kiddos were getting loud and rambunctious so we went out into the hallway and chatted while they ran and crawled around. They have a little girl who is 1 year old. Theresa and I had many connections right off the bat which enabled us to have some good conversation.  Continue to lift them up in prayer! We are hoping they will come over to our house for a superbowl party we're having.  

Mountain Lion Hunting-
On Saturday night, Mike asked Justin if he wanted to go mountain lion tracking/hunting on Sunday morning. Justin, being the avid outdoorsman, instantly agreed! In the Black Hills they are trying to thin out some of the mountain lions so they have let hunters get a license for it and they can hunt for them until so many have been shot. Sounds terrible, I know, for any animal lovers, but they don't want them to get too populated and start roaming in places other than the woods...if you know what I mean.  
So, since Justin didn't have a license, he just brought a knife. There was fresh snow, that's why Mike wanted to go, it is easier to track the mountain lions tracks that way. Justin said they walked around all through the woods, up and down different trails, and THANK GOODNESS (my emphasis) that they didn't see any tracks or anything. Justin enjoyed getting to be in the wilderness. He is my mountain man! He also got a chance to spend time talking with Mike and Mike was able to ask him questions about what we believe and about our church. It's pretty neat, they talked about God while traipsing through the woods in search of mountain lions. That's a first for us!

Boot Camp-
We joined the YMCA, in an effort to get out and meet some people. Not many people get outside during the winter months. Most people are at the Y...it's SO busy! I started going to this boot camp class in the mornings. It's a mixture of cardio and strength training for 1 hour and 20 minutes...of torture on the body! The first day I almost died, I'm so out of shape. The next morning I could hardly get out bed. But despite all of the pain and agony of my dear atrophied muscles, I have gotten to meet some other women, who are around my age, with kids. So it is worth it! Pray for me on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings...that my muscles don't split open from the sheer agony they endure from the incredibly buff mom who teaches this class. I want my legs to look like hers, they are awesome! ha ha ... anyway... I digress... 

Pray that I continue to have opportunities to meet and talk to other women and that I will be bold and courageous in being a follower of Christ. Pray that I not be afraid to talk about Him, to talk about what He's doing in my life, and to be a reflection of Him in all I do and say. 

Hope you're having a good week. 

Oh and for those that might be concerned about Justin's lungs (see previous post)...they're fine. He's just out of shape. ha ha ha ha ha ha!  Maybe not entirely, I'm sure the cold air, DID make them feel cold, but not frozen. He's fine, he's a survivor. If he can walk through snowy woods in 5 degree weather looking for mountain lions, he's just fine. Just a little dramatic at times. Ooh but he makes me laugh! :)

2 comments:

  1. i am so happy for you guys and it is sheer joy for me to see God using you to meet the people He is sending your way...I hope Mike shoots the BIGGEST LION EVER and Justin wears the hide in a photo for you to send us and somehow the mane made into a huge russian looking hat for the deep winter on top of a mountain.Hope you have a great superbowl party....go cardinals!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....wow They actually allow that? Gosh it is so weird to hear that. A lot of people like me and my friends in Santa fe would have a huge riot over that. lol But it would be kinda funny I guess to See Justin wearing something like that.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I LOVE them!