Tabs

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Holy Moly Money Savin' Momma!

In an effort to save money and pinch pennies when ever I can, I have started paying closer attention to what I buy and prices at the grocery store. About 2 years ago I heard about this website called The Grocery Game. What it is, is you go on and select the grocery stores for your area and a list is made every Sunday of the best deals at the stores using coupons you've clipped and the in-store sales. The idea is that about every 12 weeks stores cycle through sales on items, and you want to save your coupons to use when the item is on sale in the store, so you actually double your savings. And when something is on sale at a rock-bottom price, to stock up on it, and buy as much as you think you'll need for the next 12 weeks (if it's something that you can stock- like canned goods or freeze). That way you buy the items when they are at their lowest prices instead of the highest price. So I signed up for the trial membership to see if it really is all it's cracked up to be...and I must say, it is pretty awesome! At first it is a little costly because you are buying more of each item that you are stocking up on, BUT I am finding amazing deals and in a few weeks I won't really have to buy much at the store because I will be well stocked with most everything I need!! I've also been getting a Sunday newspaper and clipping coupons, and go to several online coupon websites to print off coupons.

Seriously, every grocery receipt I have had 40-55% of savings on it! Just look at this one. In total I saved an incredible $142.36. That's 45% of my total bill!! I usually don't spend that much, but there were several things that I was stocking up on.


This time I went shopping I got some REALLY great deals on meat. There were some rock-bottom deals on some stuff. For instance, I got huge pork loin, that at regular price was $37, but I only paid $14. I almost fell over. It was this big long snake looking pork loin! When I got home I cut it up into 3- 2 lb sections and 8 loin chops. Thank goodness we have a deep freezer!

Everything I bought was on sale and I had coupons as well. Justin couldn't believe how much stuff I got for the price I paid. I was pretty pumped about it!! Yay for being frugal!!

3 comments:

  1. that truly is amazing!!! I may have to get off my lazy tin can and join the club...the daryl's are really starting to put it away and they are still only about 2% body fat...JERKS...kidding...i'm just jealous..let me know if you can get the FAT EXXON MOBILE PEOPLE to give you more than a TEN CENT REWARD at the pump...stock up good...really racking brain on how maybe the guys and i can come see you DON'T WORRY NOT TOMMOROW WE WILL GIVE YOU A WARNING!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I LOVE them!