We live about an hour away from the ski mountain. It's not a huge place at all, nothing like Winter Park or Breckenridge in Colorado, but it is nice and there weren't many people there so we didn't have to wait in any lines at the lifts! wahoo! I was afraid I might have forgotten how to ski, but it came right back to me! I only fell once the whole day. We did all the runs on the mountain, did some fun blacks through the narrow runs through the trees. At times it was as if we were the only ones on the mountain, it was so quite and peaceful. We had fun finding jumps to go off of and doing them over and over again, trying to land on our feet! One time Justin went off a jump and was going pretty fast, leaned a little too much forward, and did a belly flop into the snow. Oooh did I laugh! And he did too once he got his breath back after it was knocked out of him!
Josiah did wonderful while we were away. He really likes the family that we left him with and they have a cute little dog that keeps him entertained well!
We enjoyed getting to spend some time together, just the two of us. It was surreal getting to go skiing and then at the end of the day, getting in the car and driving home. I never thought I would live somewhere where I could go skiing! It was such a fun day. :)
I'm jealous- that is fun!
ReplyDeleteglad you guys got to do that! looks like a blast. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm back!!!! survived DNOW weekend...i small grouped eight 7th and 8th boys in the graves home and lived to tell....WHEW!!!!ANYWAY...you know it was way more COOL to go skiing than stick around and sale furniture....next time just go YADA YADA YADA do i get the job or do i go to the slopes ???? don't make me sit in here for 2 hours if i aint gettn paid...YOU GUYS LOOK GREAT!!!
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY, JENNIFER!!!!!! AND HUGS TO ALL. KATHLEEN SENT YOUR INFO. AND THIS IS AN AWESOME BLOG. EACH OF YOU ARE IN OUR PRAYERS AND IT'S GOOD TO BE ABLE TO "SEE" YOU AND GET UPDATES. WE'RE PRAYING FOR FRUIT FROM THOSE INTERVIEWS, JUSTIN....
ReplyDeleteAND FOR ALL GOD DESIRES FOR YOU AND THROUGH YOU TO HIS GLORY! WE LOVE YOU. SMOOCHIES FOR JOSIAH. :)
THE BURKS
Happy Birthday, Jennifer! I sent you a goodies package but it will be late 'cause I have been out of pocket. You know, when the cat's away the mouse will play. Got to visit with grandchildren! John arrives tomorrow from Dakkar. Can't wait to hear about his adventures in witnessing. My thoughts and prayers are with you!
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs,
Kathleen