Stewed Tomatoes??

I was in a pinch for a can of stewed tomatoes but did not have any in my pantry. So, I pulled out my trusty brain to see if I could make some. I did not have a recipe so I just winged it...something I never do because I usually mess things up if I don't have a recipe.

All I used was a can of diced tomatoes, 1 tsp of sugar, salt & pepper, 1 clove of garlic, onion & bell pepper chopped (about 1/4 cup each), and fresh parsley, thyme, and basil chopped up (you can use dried if you don't have fresh). I sauteed the onion and bell pepper until they were soft then added the diced tomatoes, sugar, S&P, garlic, and herbs. I let it simmer for about 10 minutes and then threw it into what I was making that needed it.

It turned out great and I was glad to be able to use my fresh herbs that are growing on my porch. So when you're in a culinary pinch... improvise! It's kind of fun!
Hi Jennifer and Justin! I love your blog. It is a great way to keep up with you guys. We STILL miss you in Quitman!! It sounds like you all are doing great and I pray you all will be very successful in your work for the Lord. Vonnie sent around your email this morning in Adult III class. I am very proud some of the Quitman group will be there with you to start your first church. Josiah is just beautiful and it is so nice that you share all those pictures on your blog. We are getting to see him grow up also. Be safe and continue doing the great work. Frances Keith.
ReplyDelete