Where have I been? I haven't blogged in over 2 weeks?! Apparently I've been in la la land.... the placenta is draining my brain of nutrients, memory skills, and the ability to think clearly (just ask my husband)! Can you believe, I am 30 weeks pregnant... only about 10 more weeks to go! Woohoo!! The Lord has truly blessed me with an easy pregnancy. I feel great and our little man moves around and kicks me all of the time. He is a mover and shaker, just like Josiah was. I have failed to take a recent pregnancy picture, so here's one from the other day where you can see my belly. In these pictures we were opening some boxes that some friends from Texas sent us. They had knitted a bunch of really nice beanie hats and we are going to give them to some people who are in need of warmth for their heads for the winter. Josiah couldn't decide which one to try on, so he tried on about 10 of them!


We had our first real snow in Rapid City. It was beautiful! We got several inches, then it melted 2 days later.

Here's some other random facts about what's been going on:
- No name decided yet for our little Dancer man #2. We have a very hard time even coming up with anything that we like!!
- Tums are my dearest friend at night, the heartburn when I lay down to go to sleep is becoming a bit of an annoyance.
- I've been making waaayyyy too many sweets/desserts. I can't help it, the baby needs them...and so do I :). Recently I made some homemade vanilla wafers and chocolate pudding, it was heavenly!
- We hired a doula for this next birth! She is a Christian woman, around my age, and she and I share similar thoughts on labor, delivery, breastfeeding, ect. I am sooo very excited... and so is Justin. He's the one that actually suggested we find someone. I am again planning a non-medicated (no epidural), and hopefully no interventions necessary birth for this next little one. My doctor is very supportive of us going for a VBAC (<-- Click the link for info on what that is) so I'm doing the best I can to prepare my mind and body for going through labor again.
- If I could sleep 12 hours (in a row) every night, I would be so happy. This last trimester is making me sleepy. Thank goodness for naps.
- The "on" switch on my brain is apparently missing. I cannot seem to remember anything these days.
- A praise- Justin hasn't tripped on the stairs and/or fallen down them in about a month. I'm so proud of you, honey!
- We had our first new members class and so officially we have 20 members at Hills of Grace!
- A Baptism Party is in the works, we are excited about how God is working in the lives of those around us!
- We are praying for God to raise up and bring workers to help with our children's worship and infant/toddler area on Sunday mornings.
- Josiah is obsessed with Caillou, he loves to watch it on PBS!
- No cavities found at Josiah's dentist appointment... hopefully the same goes for me this week when I go.... we shall see!! My dear mouth has already cost us a pretty penny this year.
- I have been taking Josiah to a 3 hour, Mom's Morning Out once a week at a church downtown. It is wonderful because I can go to doctor's appointments and run errands and things without having to corral a 2 year old. He really liked it for a while, but for some reason the last few weeks he has cried and been sad nearly the whole time he's there. I can't figure out why?
- I really like this blog called No Time For Flash Cards, it's given me some neat ideas of activities to do with Josiah.
- My Christmas gifts are done! No last minute shopping this year!
- If you buy a lot of things online, you MUST check out this website called Ebates. We buy a lot online, for church stuff, plane tickets, gifts, and Justin's ebay golf club buy/sell mini-business, ect. You get a percentage of cashback on purchases through any of the stores that they partner with. Right now we have a $108 check coming our way... all for doing nothing! Pretty sweet!
It's past my bedtime, better hit the pillow before my sweet son wakes up for his regular middle of the night wake-up party.

your update on justin not falling down the stairs made me laugh out loud! hahaha...congrats on that achievement justin! :) and that pic of josiah in the beanie is CUTE. i can't believe you only have 10 weeks left...glad to hear you've had an easy pregnancy. i'll be praying for you that your labor/delivery goes well! miss you guys.
ReplyDeleteVery cute post!!
ReplyDeletehey Jennifer! I can't believe you only have 10 weeks left! Time FLIES! Good luck with the delivery, just be patient and let your body do what it does (which I know is far easier said than done!). Baby Dancer is so lucky to be joining your family!
ReplyDelete