



Pictures of the first few months after Josiah was born
Just yesterday, in my mind, our sweet baby Josiah was born. It can't possibly be that we just celebrated his 2nd birthday! Our lives have not been the same since he was born. We did not fully understand love and living until he was born. Being his mother has brought me more joy than I ever could have imagined. I understand so much better the unconditional love our Heavenly Father has for us now that I'm a mother. How great is the love our Father has lavished on us that we could be called His children. (1 John 3:1)

Our little man is so loving, sweet, helpful, gives great hugs and kisses, talks our ears off, loves cars and trains, has on obsession with corn on the cob and yogurt, enjoys making other people laugh, always wants to go somewhere in the car and is constantly asking, 'Are you ready to go?', loves to read and pretend to cook with me in the kitchen, is his daddy's little helper, plays rough and likes to wrestle, running is his mode of transportation, and the list could go on with the wonderful things I could say about our incredible little son. We are so blessed that God made him just the way he is... he brings us joy beyond description!

His birthday has lasted a week. My parents came in this past weekend and spent several days. Unfortunately, the weather was unseasonably cold and snowy so we didn't get to do as much outdoors as we had hoped. The above picture is a look at how much snow they had in the hills, about 30 miles from our house.
We took a drive into the hills and froze while we walked around. But I was able to get some cute pictures
.


From his Nana and Papa (my parents), he got a cool tunnel for his birthday! He loves it!

Also, some books, puzzles, and cars... and M&M's!


The day after my parents left, Justin's mom flew in and spent a few days. We got him a bike called a Strider Bike for his birthday. It doesn't have pedals, they just make themselves go with their feet. He is getting better at riding it. Pretty soon we're going to have to get our bikes down and ride with him to keep up! 


A little tipsy


Since he loves trains, I decided to make him a train cake. I bought a mold off of ebay for $5 and followed the directions. It was fun to make!! And it tasted good too. Josiah kept saying, "Thomas (the train) cake!"

His Memo (Justin's mom) got him a train set that he can't get enough of! He has been in heaven getting so many new toys! He doesn't even really understand what a birthday is, but all he really knows is that it equals cake, ice cream, and lots of new toys!

He tried and tried forever practicing to blow the candle out.



We started singing happy birthday and he started crying. I guess our singing was scary. ha ha!

A big blow....and....

....Whoa! I blew out the candle! Awesome!

The icing was pretty much all he ate... and with his fingers of course!

Josiah's birthday week was fun (despite Justin and Josiah each getting the stomach bug for a few days) and we were so glad some of our family were able to come celebrate with us. He already misses his Nana, Papa, and Memo! Thank you all for coming. :) I can't believe another year has gone by.... I'm sure I'll say that every year though.
We love you Josiah!


I love it! Happy birthday, Josiah!! May you be blessed beyond measure.
ReplyDeleteYou guys are such a beautiful family!!!! You can tell that Josiah had a great birthday.....we can't wait to see BABY # TWO in the pictures with you......just gotta ask....this is just the way i am wired......when Josiah gets tired of playing with the tunnel and you get tired of storing it in the closet.....can you like throw it out in the yard and let the snow come and use it as a reinforced snow tunnell ??? DUDE THAT WOULD ROCK !!!!!C'MON YOU KNOW IT WOULD !!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHe is getting soo big!! It has been way too long since I saw him! I want to come see you guys so bad! Maybe after baby #2 comes I will come for a visit!! Id love to come with all the snow, that would be awesome!! Well I hope all is well! I love and miss you guys so much!! Give Josiah a hug and kiss for me!!
ReplyDelete~Lauren Weems
Happy Birthday Josiah! You did a GREAT job on that cake!! I am not surprised though! I just now read the terrible 2s post and am laughing! These two littles that we have ARE related!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe he's two! He is growing up so fast. I really enjoyed the pictures.
ReplyDelete