WHAT!? I'm a month old?!! How did that happen?

Paul's first month has been a fun one! As you can see, he's becoming a chunky little monkey. I don't know how much he weighs because we don't go for a well-baby check-up at the doctor until he's 2 months old. But I know he's gotten longer and fatter! He is finally filling out his clothes and growing out of some of the newborn clothes.
Paul reminds me a lot of how Josiah looked as a baby, but he acts completely different. Paul sleeps. Praise the Lord. He can sleep in 2-3 hour stretches. This amazes me, I didn't know babies could do that! At night he wakes up a few times to eat. Some nights he will wake up and be awake for an hour or two, but it's not bad. During the day he likes to sleep too. He sleeps on the couch amidst all of the noise his older brother makes. And I can put him down when he's asleep and he doesn't wake the instant his body hits the couch. That's amazing! He eats like a champ too. Growing fat on mommy's milk!
He likes to spit up a lot on people's clothes.
Because of this one little person our laundry has tripled.... between the spitting up on everyone and everything and the poo blow-outs, there is a never ending pile of laundry to be washed and folded. This is just a sign of things to come... one day these boys will be older and messier than my mind can fathom.
Sorry big bro! ha! (see picture below)

Paul is already starting to make cooing sounds, it's so adorable! He loves to be talked to and to sit upright. He also makes funny noises every time he moves when he's sleeping. We call him our little terradactyl, it seriously sounds like a dinosaur or a car screeching to a halt.
He loves to be held when he's awake. But that's ok, I love holding him or carrying him around in my wrap on my chest.
He is a sweet boy and he's already growing up too fast.

The post below is of pictures from this past month of visits with his grandparents...
What does Josiah think about all the spit up? They are so cute sitting on the couch together!
ReplyDeleteOh he is sooooo precious! I LOVE the spit up picture! That is hilarious! I don't remember seeing pictures of Josiah as a baby, but I think he definitely looks like you guys. I love chunky monkeys!
ReplyDeleteI think Paul looks a lot like his big brother. I am going to have to make some Sweetie Pies for John. I have been attending Weight Watchers and he has been feeling a little deprived. Well, he was until Valentine's Day came along. I made him some fudge. He loooovvvves chocolate.
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Kathleen