
It's Valentine's Day and I have 3 handsome valentines in my house. I'm a lucky girl. :)
Earlier this week while the boys were napping I decided to make a little treat for my men, since I haven't done much cooking or baking in a month. Also, my brain was craving to do something creative and/or to be used at all. The brain starts to feel mushy and like it's intelligence is fading when all that is done day after day is laundry, dishes, breastfeeding, diaper changing, bathing of children, cleaning, trying to get little ones to sleep... ect. You get my drift. The creative part of my brain was crying out to be used!! So... I saw this recipe somewhere and have been wanting to make it because it's so easy and sounded really good.
They're called Sweetie Pies.

All you need is your favorite pie crust already made (or just go buy the pre-made stuff at the store; I made my momma's recipe), some fruit jelly/jam/preserve of your choice, powdered sugar, a cookie cutter, and parchment paper.

Roll out your pie crust really thin onto a floured surface.

Use your cookie cutter (the only cookies cutters I have are some heart ones,
2 snowmen, and a circle, ha!)

Place another cut-out on top of the jellied ones and press together to seal them. Then take a fork and crimp the edge like the picture below and also stab the fork into the middle of the heart. (ha ha, that sounds funny writing it!)

Put some parchment/wax paper on your baking pan, place hearts on pan, and bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.

Let cool on wire racks then sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Then let your 2 year old taste them.
He has a sweet tooth like his mommy, therefore after one bite he decides he doesn't want to eat the cookie, he just wants to "wick it" and then wants more powered sugar.
He tells me, "Gotta wick it good mommy."
"More sugar, pleeeaaasse?"


Those look really, really good! I may have to try them sometime soon. :) Thanks for sharing the fun of having little ones in the house. :)
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful day!
Shelly
how cute & yummy those look! and your pics always look amazing. glad things are going well & paul is just as cute as he can be. :) he does look a lot like his big brother. you've got such cute kids!!!
ReplyDeleteHey Jennifer! I really enjoy your blog. So, so sweet! I am giving you a blog award today -- see my blog for details. You can save the Lemonade Stand award image to your desktop and then paste it on your sidebar or in a post, if you wish. www.confidentiallykel.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteLove ya!
Kelly