Tabs

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Double the joy

When we found out my brother and his wife were expecting I literally jumped for joy!! And then to find out they were having twins! Wow!!! I could not imagine being pregnant with twins. Having one baby in your belly is uncomfortable enough. My brother is such a sweet and caring man, he has tirelessly taken care of his wife these past 8 months. While she had all day nausea for a few months, then during the unbelievably hungry phase he made sure she always had enough to eat, then he did a lot to help around the house, while going to dental school, during these last few months of her being incredibly tired (I mean, she was growing two babies, who wouldn't want to sleep all day?). He has cared for her in the most compassionate way. I am so proud he is my brother.

And then this past Thursday night, at about 36 weeks along, she started having regular contractions (she'd been having them every evening and night) that were coming closer. They called their doc and were told to go to the hospital. They realized that she was continuing to dilate and her body was going into full-on labor so because both babies were breech she had a c-section. My brother said the boys emerged screaming and peeing on the operating room table. ha ha! Both Mom and babies are doing fantastic. God is so good, he has blessed them with 2 handsome and healthy little boys.
David and Gabriel....
My heart leaped for joy when I saw this picture.


The one in the front is David. I think he looks like my brother's baby pictures.

This is Gabriel

Aren't they precious!! I can't wait to get my hands on them and hug and kiss them!!! Unfortunately I'll have to wait until Thanksgiving. :(
Keep my brother's wife in your prayers as she recovers from the c-section. She's going
to need all the energy she can get.

2 comments:

  1. You're an Aunt! I'm so excited for them. What precious little boys...I bet you can't wait to meet them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right Jennifer...I just realized that you became an aunt for the first time!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I LOVE them!