

My 2 going on 20 year old says some funny stuff. Whenever he says something I try to write it down so I don't forget. Here are a few Josiah-ism's from lately....
- All "L's" are pronounced like "W's"... for example, I wuv you; I wike it.
- He talks in 3rd person a lot saying things like, "Josiah do it" "Josiah not hungry"
- Me: Josiah, can you tell me when you have to go poo poo so we can go sit on the potty?
Josiah: No, I just poo poo in diaper.
Me: Big boys pee pee and poo poo on the potty. And you can have an M&M if you pee pee on
the potty!
- He talks in 3rd person a lot saying things like, "Josiah do it" "Josiah not hungry"
- Me: Josiah, can you tell me when you have to go poo poo so we can go sit on the potty?
Josiah: No, I just poo poo in diaper.
Me: Big boys pee pee and poo poo on the potty. And you can have an M&M if you pee pee on
the potty!
Josiah: Josiah not big boy. No want MM. I go hide. No poo poo in der. (as he points to his
bottom)
* He's not going to be potty trained for a while. He could care less. Lucky us! *
bottom)
* He's not going to be potty trained for a while. He could care less. Lucky us! *
- He will randomly say, 'I promise', during a sentence.
.... Mommy play cars wif me, you drive red one, I promise.....
- We taught him some long words like awesome, amazing, superb
Me: Josiah you are so cute!
Josiah: No Mommy, I awesome!
Me: Oh really, what about Paul? Is he awesome?
Josiah: Hmmm... no, Paul is amazing! Paul cute! Paul had diarrhea.
Me: Well, now that's interesting.
Josiah: Uuh huh, I promise. (said very matter-of-factly!)
- While we are driving in the car my 2 year old is back seat driver...
"Mommy, go dis way. NOooo go dat way! Dat's the wrong way mommy!"
- Me: Why is Paul crying? Did you poke him in the eye?
Josiah: Paul crying, he sad.
Me: Why is he sad? Did you hurt him?
Josiah: Daddy hurt Paul. Yogurt please? (said as he cocks his head to one side and smiles a
little)
- He tells me that he wants to "Eat like Paul" and then will get in my lap and say, "Josiah a baby, need mommy milk" and then he proceeds to pat my chest saying, "Hey milk!" ha!
- Every day promptly after lunch he will get very dramatic, laying his head down on the floor, couch, table, or chair and say, "I so tired (said with an exasperated tone), I need nap. I need mommy lay down and sweep (sleep) wif me."
- Daily he will jump on the couch and say, "Hold Paul Hold Paul!! PICTURE!!" So I let him hold Paul and we take a picture. He LOVES to hold his little brother. Paul on the other hand is not so sure he wants Josiah to hold him. His face in this picture just cracks me up!

I look forward to update on your boys. I know how you feel about the potty training thing. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteLove
Melisa
Ok, that face that Paul is making is hysterical!!! I love that Josiah talks in 3rd person and that he knows the word diarrhea!
ReplyDeleteEvery child is individually unique and special!! And It is beautiful seeing how Josiah delights in having a little brother!!
ReplyDelete