Tabs

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Summer is Busy

When the weather finally turned a little warmer and it stopped raining, we have been outside constantly. We went to Old MacDonald's Farm and saw a bunch of animals with some friends. The kids loved it. Josiah and his friend Emily had the most fun chasing around the chickens.



My friend Jennifer (like 1 in 3 girls born between 1979 - 1984 are named Jennifer), has the same wrap I have. Strollers are over-rated. You get much more of a workout carrying 20lb babies. And my baby screams way less when carried. So it works out great, I get a workout and no one has to hear him scream! Thank goodness for the Moby Wrap!

This is how we roll

He loved the pony ride

Josiah has some sort of phobia of touching animals. He refuses to touch anything that moves, fish, chicks, rabbits, worms --- side story ---
When my sister was visiting and we were digging up the garden there were tons of earth worms. My sister tried to get him to touch one but he wouldn't. He was really freaked out by them. About 2 weeks ago Josiah got in the bathtub and a black piece of fuzz that was long like a worm fell into the water. I have never seen a kid freak out so bad. He was literally trying to climb the shower wall. He was screaming, "NO WORM, NO WORM, SCARY Mommy, get it OUT!!!!" I was laughing so hard. For about 4 days after that he didn't want to take a bath because he was afraid of the dreaded worm. ha ha! -- end side story--

Cute video of the kids

Another day we tried to catch some fish in a pond in town. I was the only one that caught anything. Josiah had fun casting and reeling in the line.

Another day we invited some friends (of whom are only girls at the moment!) over to swim and have lunch. I had to pour boiling water in the little pool to get it lukewarm so they could actually get in it without freezing. They had a fun time... in all of their whiteness!



This week our first Mission group is here helping us out. They are one of our partner churches from Alabama and they are a blast!! We have been busy doing a Bible Bootcamp (like VBS) every morning at a playground/park area in another area of Rapid City that we are trying to reach out to. They've also been surveying and prayer walking in that area as well. Tonight we're having a family friendly movie night at the hotel where we meet and have been inviting people to that. Also, on Thursday we're hosting a block party at one of our member's homes, in the same area that we've been working in. Justin and I have been running non-stop.... and all the while still trying to get things straightened out for a home loan. That's a mess and a loooong story. We are so thankful for the group from Alabama who are here serving with us. They have been a joy, a delight, and a constant encouragement to us. We are excited about the new people God will bring into our lives as a result of the work they are doing this week.

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense, I'm a little scatterbrained and sleepy. :-)

2 comments:

  1. We are always hanging out with girls too. Thomas and Taylor get a change when going to friends houses, cause there are girl toys there to play with. LOL.

    Love
    Melisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I discovered the Moby wrap too late with Jake - he was already too big to get into it, but I am TOTALLY going to get one whenever we decide to have #2.

    Remember to take care of yourself in all the craziness!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I LOVE them!