Tabs

Sunday, May 30, 2010

We Are Thankful

On this Memorial Day we are thankful to all of our military personnel! We are grateful for the selfless service to our country that so many men and women have fought and died for our freedom. To those who have served or are serving, we appreciate you, we are thankful for you, and we pray for you.

Since moving to Rapid City and living close to an Air Force base we have met many air force men and women. Several we know are deployed right now and others returned home this past January. This is the first time I've personally known many families who are in the military.

Right now my sweet friend Allison's husband is deployed. She is pregnant, due a few months after he returns, and she also has a little girl named Hannah who Josiah loves. They are quite the pair together. It's never a dull moment when they are together. :)

She adores her daddy. She says, "Daddy's workin' in the desert. I need him come home."
Thankfully his deployment is only for 6 months.
I still can't imagine.
We remember you this day Chris, and pray for your safety!

I frequently read The Pioneer Woman's photography blog and these past several days she has been posting photos that people have submitted to the theme "Coming Home". Go look, click HERE, you will not have a dry eye. You can also click on the individual photos to read the description of them. It's a very moving array of pictures.

Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened.
- Billy Graham

1 comment:

  1. That is such a great reminder to be thinking about our military families! Thanks!
    And I am cracking up at the one gloved Justin below.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I LOVE them!