Tabs

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Half a year!!

Dear Paul,
You have brought joy to more people's lives in 6 months than I can count! Your infectious smile and happy eyes draw people everywhere we go to stop, smile, and say, "Now isn't he the cutest thing I've ever seen, he sure is happy!" You make the cashiers at the grocery store giggle, random people in the airport on our travels to smile in the midst of airplane delays; and you make me laugh and my heart swell with joy every time you put your hands on my face, pull my head to you, open your mouth and give me the biggest and wettest lick kiss... outta nowhere! We are overjoyed you have been in our family for 6 months, sweet baby!

Your weight is leveling out, this time you are only in the 52nd percentile, weighing in at 19lbs 6 oz.; and you are 27 inches long. Your belly rolls, leg rolls, neck rolls, are so squeezable! And you are ticklish from the top of your head to the bottom of your feet, you squeal and wiggle around when we tickle under your arms!

During the week of your 6 month birth day your first tooth started breaking through the gums, then a few days later the second one started making an appearance! They are the two front teeth on the bottom. I haven't gotten a picture yet, you won't let me. You also rolled over!! Yay! And you are nearly able to sit up on your own. If you get giggly or excited about something you stretch out your legs really fast and make yourself fall over.

You chew on EVERY Thing! I think more teeth are on their way!
Sweet boy (that's what we call you, even Josiah does too, it's so cute!), you are content to sit and play with toys.... as long as someone else is in the room. If me or your daddy gets up to go into another room you break into the saddest cry I have ever heard! You do not like to be alone. You much prefer hanging out on my hip... which you do a lot! I have become very good at doing things one handed. :)

A fun place you like to sit now is in the high chair. You sit in there many times in the bathroom with me while I shower... you are more protected from your brother that way. We even tried some baby food the other day. Wish I would have had a video camera rolling, you did NOT like the texture, taste, or anything about it. In fact, after the myriad of 'this is nasty' faces, you gagged and vomited it up. It was only like an 1/8 teaspoon of food. Josiah was on the floor all balled up and laughing hysterically during this. I'm pretty sure that's the hardest we've ever heard him laugh!
So we're just going to take it sloooow with the solids. Apparently you inherited your Uncle Peter's sensitive gag reflex. You do this with medicine too and/or any foreign liquid substance that goes into your mouth other than breastmilk. ha ha!

Although, you will suck on an apple or pear through this cool mesh feeder thing that we have. I'll stick the piece of fruit in the freezer to get it good and cold and you go to town on it! I'm sure it feels great on your gums.
Your daddy and I get the most joy out of seeing you and Josiah play and laugh together. You two LOVE each other and make each other laugh all day long. When you get a little older, you two will be best buds, running around making potions and playing tricks on me, I'm sure of it. ha!

You love to swing! Thanks to some nice friends of ours, they gave us their old swingset. You and Josiah would swing all day!




Paul, we love you! We are so thankful God made you to be in our family. We are so thankful He gave you such a sweet smile, and joyous disposition. We are so thankful you are healthy and growing strong. We are so so overjoyed you are our son. Wow, has it really been 6 months already...

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the pictures of our precious grandson. I want to sit here and cry. (happy tears) So sweet. Can't wait until I can hold him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so precious! I LOVE LOVE the thighs!! I am cracking up bc He weighs 3 oz less than Hollyn did on her first birthday!! He is such a bright eyed happy thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Paul,
    I agree with your mommy. You are a sweet sweet bundle of joy for so many people.

    love, aunt stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul is so perfectly precious...a wonderful gift from God to two loving parents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful baby boys! You are so blessed. How I wish I could hold them and play with them, too.

    My love to you and Justin.
    I sure do miss you all.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I LOVE them!