Tabs

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Oh The Agony!

See this wound.... do you see ALLL of the blood and guts? I mean, the bone is sticking out and everything. Guys, THIS wound is SERIOUS! I thought we were going to lose a leg, it was that bad.....

Well, Josiah thought it was that bad.
I'm pretty sure he was seconds away from fainting on me.
And for the record there wasn't a drop, not even a small drop of blood.
Just scraped the surface of his knee during an every day crash on his bike.
It just so happened that this time it was baaaad! There was a tiny trace of blood/redness where it was scraped and ohhhh the agony, misery, crying, panting, holding of the breath and writhing around like a wild animal after seeing this miniscule amount of blood.


He was completely hysterical. I hope this boy doesn't ever really hurt himself, I'm pretty sure he will pass out. ha!
I held him, rocked him, put the bandaid on, offered lollipops and chocolate milk to soothe his misery, but nothing helped him to stop crying. I finally just laid him in his bed (he was thrashing all over) and told him I would be outside his room if he needed me.
He cried, screamed, yelled out, and kicked everything off of his bed for 30 minutes.
Then.... all was silent.
He was asleep.
Poor thing! (it was around naptime when this happened, so any small incident becomes a catastrophe)

Oooh Josiah, you make us laugh, even in the midst of your hysterics. You keep things lively and exciting, each moment of the day. :)
I cannot imagine what will happen when he really does have a drop of blood from a wound. ha!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the drama of a small scrape!! I hope he was calm when he woke up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some drama! I love those pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I LOVE them!