Tabs

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Grow.

I've never made New Year's Resolutions, mainly because I won't stick to them. I have a hard time disciplining myself to do things I'm not excited to do. Hence the lack of exercise in the last 5 years.

But as I am looking back at how fast the years are flying by and how fast my children are growing up, I don't want to look up one day and realize 10 years have gone by and I haven't done anything meaningful in my life. We have a tendency to get so immersed in the daily grind of being a parent/going to work/ect., ect., that life can just slip by before the blink of an eye.

I don't want to just live to acquire things or success or just raise "good kids". I want my life to mean something and my children to be sold-out Christ followers. More than ever I want to be growing, learning, loving; giving of myself, my time, and my skills to help others. Growing daily in my knowledge of God's word and learning about His character. Loving others as Christ has loved me. Being self-less with my money and time. Learning new skills to bless others and to teach my children - through gardening and cooking and crafting. Being creative in how we show love to others. Through our family, I want God to use us to make a difference in people's lives so that God is given glory and others come to know Him.

So I guess this year there are a few simple things I want to work on:
1. Learning more about God. Memorizing scripture. Hiding it in my heart. Living out what I'm learning. Showing love, always.
2. Being self-less. With my family, friends, strangers, neighbors....Showing love.
3. Being creative. Through art and crafts with the boys. Through the toil of the soil as we plant the garden. Through cooking. And sharing these things with others....Showing love.
4. Growing. Not being stagnant. Not being bogged down by the daily grind of diapers, laundry, sleepless nights, grocery shopping, disciplining a 3 year old. And ultimately, being joyful and praising Jesus in the midst of the daily life of being a mom.
5. Being an encourager.
6. Spending more devoted one on one time in conversation with my Abba Father.

In what ways do you want/need to grow this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I LOVE them!