The day after Christmas we left the cold to have some fun for a week in East Texas with Justin's family. It was warm, I had to dig out some short sleeved shirts out of the back of our closets. And the humidity, wow, I was not prepared for it; my hair did not like it; I did not like it and I have not missed it!
We had a wonderful time seeing family! We also were able to eat some great southern food that we have sooo craved. Chick-fil-A. Real mexican food. Justin's Granny's home cookin'. Shrimp Boat Manny's (a local, delicious seafood place in his hometown). Fresh shrimp from the gulf, YUM! And last but not least... Blue Bell ice cream. People in the south eat soo much better, the food has loads more flavor and spice. And it sure does taste magnificent when you haven't eaten it in 6 months or more.
Pictures of our trip...
The guys fishing in the little pond behind the house. A boy's paradise!

Christmas gifts... guns, superhero capes, a super trikes. What more could a boy ask for?

Classic!

We spent a day at Granny's in deep east Texas. Josiah loved their dogs, he rolled around in the dirt with them all afternoon!

Trying to get a picture. Josiah is clearly being dramatic and uncooperative. ha!



We had an impromptu early birthday party for Paul with the family. My parents even drove down for the occasion!

These next pictures are of pure delight.
My boy who loves to eat is having his taste of sweets for the first time in his life.
He will never want to eat vegetables again after this. He now knows there is cake and icing out there that his momma is not giving him!




This boy is praising Jesus for cake and icing.
He loved it.
He squealed, he put his face in it, he smashed it into his mouth, he had the best time!
I'm so glad our families were able to witness it, it was priceless!



Texas was great fun! We always enjoy spending time with our family and are grateful for the ability to fly down and see everyone. Praise the Lord for airplanes, portable dvd players, and lollipops.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a comment, I LOVE them!