Between late October and now it seems like winter has lasted an eternity. Everything has been brown, and dead looking with no color except the green from the evergreen trees. Everyone is aching for spring and summer and warmth and GREEN!
This year for the garden I decided to try to start some seeds indoors. I really had no idea what I was doing and I learned a lot by trying it out. Some things sprouted and others didn't. My handyman husband built me a light stand to put the plants under. Our little greenhouse is in our basement in our office. It's so fun watching everything sprout and grow! My tomatoes had not really grown past a few inches and I just realized that my seedlings can be fertilized, so hopefully that will give them a boost.
Here we can't plant warm weather loving plants until almost the end of May! Our growing season is so short here. Last week outside we planted 100 onions, 15 potatoes, lettuce, carrot seeds, and sugar snap peas. Hopefully they can all handle it if we get a late snow.
The garden list for the year is:
Tomatoes, Green beans, Pumpkins, Squash (3 different kinds), onions, potatoes, watermelon, strawberries, bell peppers, lettuce, carrots, sugar snap peas, and herbs- parsley, basil, thyme, oregano & cilantro.
I can't wait to get them outside and in the ground!
This is a myriad of tomatoes, cilantro, watermelon, and lettuce
Justin built me a raised bed, what a sweetheart!
And everything that’s new has bravely surfaced
Teaching us to breathe
What was frozen through is newly purposed
Turning all things green
So it is with You
And how You make me new
With every season’s change
And so it will be
As You are re-creating me
Summer, autumn, winter, spring....
Teaching us to breathe
What was frozen through is newly purposed
Turning all things green
So it is with You
And how You make me new
With every season’s change
And so it will be
As You are re-creating me
Summer, autumn, winter, spring....
{Nichole Nordeman, Every Season)



love hearing about your mad gardening skillz! hope you guys have a great springtime.
ReplyDelete