Tabs

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

So thoughtful


My honey was very thoughtful and sweet this past weekend.  He brought home a gorgeous flower arrangement for me to plant so I can enjoy it this year and next year and the year after.  I just love it!! And you know what else he brought home..... I squealed with delight....

A NEW Francine Rivers book!!!! 
I have not read a book outside of the Bible, in so long, I can't even remember.  
Francine Rivers is one of my favorite authors and she hasn't released any new books in several years.  The timing of when I start reading this book is critical because once I start I probably won't want to put it down.  She's such a good writer, she draws you in to the story and you don't want to leave.   
I can hardly wait! 

Justin also planned and prepared lunch for Sunday after church. What a man!! He can lead worship, teach, change poopy diapers, leap tall buildings in a single bounce, and even cook AMAZING meals!  He is a wonderful, thoughtful man, who really made me feel special.  

On a side note- to add to is wonderfulness- he built stairs from our deck to the backyard a few weeks ago.  We are sooo excited to be able to walk into the backyard without going downstairs and through the garage.  Such a simple thing, but it has truly been nice.  And he really amazes me how easy he makes it look to just draw up some plans, come home with a mini-van full of wood, make lots of noise with saws and then 3 afternoons of work later... Voila! I don't know how he does it!  I kept going out there while he was working and telling him how incredible he was to just be able to build stairs without any help or directions or anything.  He amazes me with how talented he is.  


Prayer Request- 
Friends and Family, would you please say a prayer right now for a family- Jason & Sarah.  They stayed with us this past weekend, as they were homeless for a few days during the "in limbo" time when the military came to pick up their stuff to move it and to when they actually got signed papers to go.  They are being moved Texas and have kind of a scary journey ahead.  Sarah is pregnant with their second son and during an ultrasound 2 weeks ago they noticed he wasn't growing as he should and probably developing Intrauterine Growth Retardation (slowed growth in the womb), the same as their first son had.  But the more frightening thing they saw was the placenta partially tearing away from the uterine wall.  News such as this usually means complete bedrest, but since they are moving it is almost impossible.  I know they are scared and worried about the trip they have to make. Please pray for their safety, the health of the baby, for them to be able to fully trust God in any circumstance that happens, and for them to be able to find a good doctor when they get there.  Thank you. :)

5 comments:

  1. I love the blue ball jar. I have one. It's my very favorite vase. I also love Francine Rivers.

    I am praying for your family. May God hold her womb perfectly as she carries this child. If there is anything else I can do on this end, please let me know. Where are they moving?

    love to you beautiful friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the stairs Justin! We need to set a date for my trip up north to complete the deck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer.
    Haley kept telling me to look at your blog that we have so much in common and now here it is... and wow.. gardens, babies, flowers in masson jars (one of my favs)... and enjoying family life.. love it...
    So funny where 15 years will take you. So awesome to see your happy sweet family... and congrats again..

    So glad you had an awesome spoiled Mothers day... what an awesome hubs.. and praying for your friends...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie- thank you for praying! They are moving to San Angelo. We told them to call us if they needed anything on their trip down, as we probably know people on every part of their journey who could be of help to them.
    And yes, my blue ball jars are my favorite as well, they are just lovely! I found a whole bunch at a thrift store for $1 a piece this past winter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's the latest news on Jason and Sarah?

    Wow! I'm so impressed with Justin's handiwork! The stairs look so sturdy! Justin certainly knows how to woo his bride with special acts of kindness!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I LOVE them!