Life, no matter where you are on the journey, supplies a never-ending source of stress, busyness, deadlines to meet, things to take care of, tasks to accomplish... yada yada yada.
Even as a stay-at-home mom, my list of things "To Do" is endless. Finishing simple tasks such a laundry, making meals, cleaning up after everyone, ect., seems to be hard to complete. At the end of the day I wonder, what have I done all day? Yes, it would be nice to have an organized house (something I dream about having done but it is waay down on my list of important tasks), or have my stacks of pictures organized into albums, but somehow playing outside with the kids seems much more appealing.
And though our lives are constantly busy I find myself wondering how often I have been thankful to my wonderful Savior for all of the little blessings in my life... all of the small ways He has provided and taken care of us, and even have I thanked Him through those difficult times?
"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, His love endures forever.." Psalm 107:1
"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
So here are a few little things I am thankful for this week...
My husband who willingly plays with and interacts with devoted attention to our boys on a daily basis.
Here they are one afternoon catching bugs to look at with a magnifying glass in the bug catcher container.
Sunny afternoons to play in the sandbox that Papa and Nana got them for Christmas.
This is Paul's favorite place to be.
Paul is thankful that his momma lets him pour sand ALL over himself.
I am grateful to be able to stay home and be with these guys every morning, instead of rushing off to work.
Waking up slowly (a few of us...ahem, me in particular... are NOT morning people), eating breakfast, watching The Dinosaur Train on PBS, and playing. There's nothing better.
Even if certain people aren't happy to eat apples with breakfast...
...or if others love to eat anything labeled "Food" and subsequently leaves a 4 foot radius of crumbs around his chair... I still need to remind myself to be thankful for these times, as I wipe the floor for the 93574930th time that morning. Be joyful always...
And I am thankful for these blue ball mason jars that I found hidden in a corner at an old consignment shop, because they just make me happy, especially when they have a bouquet of wild flowers in them. Flowers remind me of how much God loves me.
Then, turning to his disciples, Jesus said, "That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food to eat or enough clothes to wear. For life is more than food, and your body more than clothing.
Look at the ravens. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for God feeds them. And you are far more valuable to him than any birds!
Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?
And if worry can't accomplish a little thing like that, what's the use of worrying over bigger things?
Look at the lilies and how they grow. They don't work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are.
And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?
And don't be concerned about what to eat and what to drink. Don't worry about such things.
These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers all over the world, but your Father already knows your needs.
Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need.
So don't be afraid, little flock." Luke 12:22-32
In everything, give thanks.





Thanks for helping me slow down for a moment to be thankful!
ReplyDeleteWow, I needed that reminder! Thank you my beautiful friend! I love you and your heart for God!!
ReplyDeletereally needed to hear this today, thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete