Tabs

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Caffeine Intravenous Fluids Needed

Momma is running on fumes and my 4th cup of strongly brewed Earl Grey tea is not helping.  (I'm not a coffee drinker so hot tea it is!)

I can't even think about what I need to do around the house or elsewhere because my brain is so fuzzy from sleep deprivation and just normal being pregnant in the 3rd trimester tiredness.

Last week we had VBS at our church and I was in charge of putting it all together.  We also had a group of  5 ladies from First Baptist Church in Quitman, TX and 2 ladies from Church on the Eastern Shore in Fairhope, Alabama come up to help us last week.  They were wonderful and a HUGE help!

Prior to last week we had several block parties at different church families homes, and we also had a booth at Hills Alive (a large, outdoor free Christian concerts by some really big name artists were there) the weekend before.  About half of the families that signed up their kids were not church goers.  Many families were able to hear the message of Christ that week!!

Total there were 32 kids (our goal was 30!) that attended and the last night we had dinner and a party and invited their families.  Almost every family came!  Justin was able to share about what the children learned that week and spoke very briefly about how to become a follower of Jesus.  It truly was a wonderful week.  God even allowed me an opportunity to share with one of the 4th graders about how to become a Christian on the last night.  Pray for her, her name is Shelby, and her home life is unimaginably bad.  Thankfully, a loving family from our church brought her (she is their neighbor) so she could hear about our loving Jesus.

We are praying God continues to work in the lives of the kids and families that heard about the love of Jesus.

Here is a short video I put together that we showed on Sunday...



Now, the reason I'm still so tired is because on Saturday night Paul didn't sleep at all.  He was restless and fussy and nothing made it better.  I probably slept 4 hours.  Justin leaves to go to church about 8 and I don't usually get there until after 9.  The boys were terrors the whole time I was getting ready.  And they screamed ALL the way to church.  I had to teach the pre-k class that morning so I had to pull it together, I was a wreck emotionally and I could have fallen asleep standing up.  Paul cried off and on the whole morning and Josiah had to sit in the corner for misbehaving 3 times during the morning.  Sometimes I think my kids are possessed by evil spirits on Sundays, I think it's the devil's way to really get me in a foul mood before and during church.  Prayer is the only way I survive.

We came home and didn't even eat lunch, we all fell into our beds and took naps.  I napped with Paul and I woke up to a furnace next to me, he was boiling hot!  His high fever continued the rest of the day, night, and on Monday and Tuesday.  Sleep was scarce both nights.  So Tuesday afternoon I took him to the doctor.  When we got there his fever was 104.7 !!!!  He had no other symptoms other than a clear runny nose that we've all had.  Of course, he had a fierce double ear infection.  The doctor said he didn't know how he wasn't screaming his head off.  He must have a high pain tolerance.  He never once pulled or grabbed at his ears.

I'm thankful for $1.50 Amoxicillin, and Ibuprofen.  He's MUCH better after just 12 hours and 2 antibiotic doses.  Now if I can just catch up on my sleep or if someone wants to give me a caffeine IV, I would appreciate it.  There's much to be done... onions need to be pulled, laundry is in heaping piles, the house is just messy, and my toenails could use painting.  But I think we'll just go play outside in the sprinkler instead.

I'll leave you with some pictures of the rambunctious ones.




3 comments:

  1. Ha...."sometimes I feel like my kids are possessed by evil spirits on sundays"...I'm sure all moms think this sometimes, but its funny to actually hear someone say it.

    ARGGH I want to just hop over there and do all your dishes and watch the kids so you can sleep. I would just be a zombie if I were you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the times when I wish we weren't so far away...:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you heart!!! That's rough! I don't know how you do it girl! I will say some prayers for you this week!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I LOVE them!