Today was family day. After a full week, having several people over to our house for dinners and lunches and other stuff going on, we needed some family time.
We grabbed some lunch and headed to the most beautiful park on the other side of town. It's been hot, but not unbearable (no humidity!), with a nice breeze. South Dakota summers are soooooo nice.
The boys ran around, chased the geese, played on the playground for a while, ran up and down hills, pulled vines from willow trees, helped daddy fish, ran around like crazies while being chased by their pregnant mommy who roared like a lion, pestered the fish daddy caught in the bucket, and ran some more.
My man is quite the manly man/hunter/gatherer.
He built the fly rod he was fishing with. Tied the flies he used for fishing. And caught some beautiful trout in no time! Then we ate them for dinner. There's nothing like eating some FRESH fish!
(Hey Dad, he caught a brown trout, one that wasn't a stock fish, it was really pretty and a nice size! )
Josiah was feeding the fish leaves and grass so they wouldn't go hungry.
Showing off his man belly. ha!
The boys bailed on Justin, so he had to go down the slide by himself. ha ha!
26 weeks - or 6 months (I think! I can't keep track, all I know is that I'm due the beginning of November, and I'm getting fatter by the day and she's kicking me in my lungs and ribs and she's getting stronger all of the time and we're never going to have a name for her... and that was one huge run-on sentence!)
Run run run! They crashed at nap time!
The view
We had such a fun day together!! I wish summer could last all year!















I think Justin is just trying to work on his fly fishing technique before Estes Park so that he can catch more fish than me.
ReplyDeleteI love all the beautiful pictures of everyone!
ReplyDelete