Here I am, 36.5 weeks pregnant, this week. Hard to believe the time for her to arrive is almost here.
Many thanks to the Lord that I am not gigantic and swollen like I was with both of the boys. I have no swelling in my ankles whatsoever, and I don't feel puffy in my hands either. (And I don't look as puffy in my face either! yay!) Besides the normal aches and pains of nearing the end of a pregnancy, I really feel good. This morning, Justin watched the boys and I went to a spa downtown and had the most amazing 1 hour prenatal massage. Wow, it should be mandatory that every pregnant woman get one of those. My body felt so relaxed and she worked some of my back soreness out. I was so relaxed it felt like I'd taken a sleeping pill, so it was nap-time for me after lunch along with the boys.
Our baby girl moves around a lot, taking my breath away as she moves my lungs out of the way so her feet can stretch. She just moves, none of the violent kicking that the boys did. I was pretty sure I had bruised ribs from Josiah kicking so much.
A few days ago I went to Walmart and as I was walking in a nice older man started talking to me, asking me if I was having a boy or girl and when she was due. I told him that I was having a girl after 2 boys! He looked shocked and said, "You have 2 other children too? You look like you're 16!" I laughed and said, "No sir, I'm closing in on 30!" Still shocked, he said, "Wow, I would have pegged you for being a high schooler." I replied, "Yes, I get that a lot. " Soo, I guess people think I'm a pregnant teenager when I'm out and about... one day when I'm 50 I will appreciate that I look so young. It would be nice for once if someone thought I was at least 20!! haha!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Thursday evening we had our first fire in the fire pit! We've been waiting to get one until they put them on clearance at the stores. The boys loved it! We roasted marshmallows and made s'mores. Oooh they were so good! Josiah and Justin ate about 15 marshmallows a piece. It was fun laughing around the fire together and making memories.




Somehow your blog disappeared from my list for a while and since I haven't been good at catching up an any I just noticed! You look beautiful! Can't wait to see pictures of the little darling!
ReplyDeletearen't fire pits so fun? love your pics! you look great. can't believe it's almost time for that sweet baby girl to arrive. also hard to believe that josiah is 4! where does the time go? miss you guys!
ReplyDelete