Tabs

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

His Peace Overwhelms

A while back I wrote a post and basically I was having a meltdown/end-of-pregnancy freakout. Everything felt out of control, I was worn out from a busy summer, no preparation done for our baby girl's arrival, and a very loooong list of things "To Do" were weighing heavily on my mind. You know when you feel out of control like that you start to go to a dark, unhappy place, pushing God away, snapping at the people in your life you love the most, not handling minor stresses well at all. Well, I was heading that direction.

Thankfully, our loving God has a way of grabbing hold of our hearts and pulling us up out of the depths of the pit that we've been digging down in. He placed me in an amazing group of women at Bible Study Fellowship (BSF), with the most encouraging leader, who calls weekly and pours out her love and wisdom into my life. We're studying Acts and it's rockin' my little heart. Learning about the power of the Holy Spirit and allowing Him to fill my life, as He prunes away the sin and the yuck that has so easily entangles me.  

In the midst of the heart change, peace has come.  The "To Do" list is nearly all checked off, and He has given me energy to complete tasks that seemed to daunting.  
  • He has brought enough volunteers to help in our children's areas on Sunday morning so that the rotation schedule is filled, and this Sunday will be my last time to teach the Pre-K class during church on a regular basis.  
  • He has allowed opportunities for me to spend time with those I'd been trying to connect with.  
  • The house is much closer to being somewhat organized- only place left is the dreaded office.  
  • I finally hung pictures on the walls that I've been meaning to hang for months... more like years!
  • The boys baby books are all caught up! 
  • Re-organized the boys room... again... and now all of the kids have their own drawer space for their clothes thanks to an awesome thrift store find... a $100, solid wood bunk bed set with drawers under the bottom bunk. (All of the kids clothes are in 1 room! yikes)  
  • Pictures are on their way to being organized. 
  • Baby girl clothes that were given to me from friends have been sorted and put away. 
  • Completed the first 2 years of this blog's book and had it printed!  
  • The boys are waking as frequently as newborns and I'm ok with it.  They are preparing me for having a newborn.  By God's amazing strength in me, I am functioning on not a whole lot of sleep.  
  • And a praise totally unrelated--  A young mom who has been coming to church for about 2 months, prayed to accept Christ in her life last week at home.  Our hearts leaped for joy as she excitedly told Justin on Sunday.  Oh Praise Him for how He is working in people's lives!!   
I am so thankful for God's peace that has overwhelmed my worried mind and heart. 

The words from a simple hymn we sang before BSF today has stayed with me all day, this is the last verse:

O to grace how great a debtor
daily I'm constrained to be!
Let thy goodness, like a fetter, 
bind my wandering heart to Thee.

Prone to wander Lord I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here's my heart, oh take and seal it, 
Seal it for thy courts above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I LOVE them!