I'm not sure how I am ever going to have time to update my blog anymore. There is almost no time to do anything extra except at 11 o'clock at night. I've had 2 days home by myself with the kids and it has been interesting, messy, and tiring. The laundry accumulation and messes everywhere are quite unbelievable! Just the bare minimum is getting done. Between nursing Leah, making sure the boys are fed (which seems like an hourly occurrence that they are hungry!), cleaning up after each eating time, changing diapers, changing my clothes and Leah's clothes from spit-up, being a referee between the boys, disciplining and correcting not so nice behavior, ect, ect... I barely remember to brush my teeth or eat anything! I look forward to getting into some sort of routine soon.
We had a lovely time with Justin's family over Thanksgiving. His mom, step-dad, brother and his brother's wife drove up from Texas to be with us. We were so thankful to spend time with them and for their help. They were very thoughtful and brought me Blue Bell Ice Cream pints of different flavors!! Can I just say, Blue Bell tastes so much better when you haven't eaten it in over a year! They also brought Justin several containers of Blackburn Maple Syrup, his favorite syrup. Kind of funny, but he was really excited about it and we had pancakes the next day just so he could eat it. haha!
The adults had as much or more fun than the kids did playing in the snow. The weather was a perfect 35-40 degrees and no wind. Perfect for playing in the snow, not too cold, but cold enough that the snow isn't melting too fast... and it makes for great snowball making! They played outside for about an hour throwing snowballs at one another! There wasn't a single person outside on our street, I'm sure our neighbors thought we were crazy. Silly southerners! :)
Thank you for coming, for cooking, for playing with the kids, for holding Leah and changing lots of diapers. Thank you for driving for 4 days there and back, we truly enjoyed having a house full of family over Thanksgiving. What a wonderful blessing you were and are to us!







love these pics, Jennifer!! I want to snuggle that baby up.
ReplyDelete