Saturday, December 10, 2011
1 Month
Life as a family of 5 is crazy fun, but right now, just mostly crazy.
Leah is 4 weeks old. How is it that a month has gone by already??
She is nursing like a champ and finally fitting into 0-3month size clothes.
She eats, sleeps, poops, and when she is awake she is content to just look around. She is a happy baby! Right now she sleeps so good and it doesn't take a lot of work to get her to fall asleep. And when I put her down she stays asleep, which is a huge blessing.
Her baby acne is finally gone and she has smooth skin again. Although, now she is loosing her hair on the top and will soon have the balding old man look. ha! Her eyes look like they will be blue, but that's not much of a surprise. Her hair has a golden red tint to it in the sunlight, it's pretty.
When Justin is home on Saturdays or Sundays, she and I take long naps together. Last Sunday we slept/hibernated for 3 1/2 hours. It was glorious. (The Lord must have known I'd need the sleep to prepare for this past week of no sleep, 3-4 hours per night does not count as restful sleep. Hoping for another nap tomorrow!)
Her wakeful times are starting to get a little longer. She is smiling randomly, and it is so adorable when she does. She is sensitive to other people crying. If her brothers are crying, she will start crying too. She also has the cutest crying face and a soft cry compared to what her brothers had. She's like a delicate flower, so different from her brothers in so many ways. It's nice to have another female in the house. :)
She is a trooper, being the 3rd child and all. She doesn't have any quietness when she's sleeping, and she gets woken up a lot by other little people who just want to go say "Hi" and poke at her nose and eyes (uhh that would be, Mr. Paul!). She has to share Mommy's lap with others, and doesn't get to be held all of the time like her brothers did, and that makes Mommy a little sad. I'd love to sit and hold her all day and all night. Not one ounce of me regrets doing that when Josiah was a baby and he was the only one I had to care for. I wish I could do that with all of my babies. I just need to get a maid, a cook, and a chauffeur... or just clone myself.
Leah is a beauty and a sweet sweet baby.
Wish all of my family who reads our blog could come meet her and hold her.
For now, here are a few pictures...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Leah is so beautiful! Hmm...the red highlights are making a comeback!! We are anxious to hold her again soon and get to know her sweet little personality better.
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited to meet her!!!
ReplyDelete