Josiah has had his big bike since his 4th birthday, but has been very reluctant about taking the training wheels off. He has great balance and rides really fast. But as his nature, he is timid with new circumstances and does not like change. (Aren't we all like this though in some form or fashion?)
We decided to try it out, talked about how good he would do without the training wheels and that we'd be right there to help. We had to keep reminding him to pedal, to keep going and not give up by taking his feet off of the pedals. He had protective gear on and we were right there coaching him and ready to help if he needed it. (Doesn't God often say to us, "Keep going, I am right here with you, yes, I know it is scary, yes, you might fall, but I will help you, care for you, and protect you. Trust Me.")
Daddy to the rescue.
There was much blood.. haha, No! He just screamed like there was.
He also nearly crashed into our neighbor's truck.
Back on the bike.
Daddy is holding him steady, giving a little nudge forward.
Off he goes! Riding into the sunset.
Wobbly and wild, but doing it!
And then there's Paul motoring around on his "bike".
He goes fast too. Full steam ahead all the way down the driveway, using his barefoot toes to stop before getting to the street.
Look at those socks! Both of the kids keep taking their shoes off when the go outside and are ruining ALL of their socks! Boys will be boys.
Josiah rode his bike for about 25 minutes without the training wheels. Then he decided he wanted them back on. We told him he was doing great without them and didn't need them anymore. He insisted he needed them. We said if he wanted them back on he would have to put them on himself. And wouldn't you know it, that boy got the wrench and put them back on correctly!! hahaha!








JOSIAH...we're so proud that you can ride without training wheels!! We're also very impressed at your mechanical skills using a wrench!!
ReplyDeleteLove, Papa and Nana
Great pictures!!! I can't imagine the amount of crying that we will have when the training wheels come off! Oh my, I am sorry but I laughed so hard during the previous post because we JUST had that night last week. The running around the house in the dark, insanity screaming until 1:15am! Oh I know your pain! I love that you watched tv though on something you wanted to watch. I might try that. It would be interesting to see if they were both crazy on the same night. If our children got married, I don't even know what would happen. Then again, maybe we should arrange their marriage and make them suffer!!!!!!! :)
ReplyDelete