There's probably only one or two people who read this blog who will truly understand and empathize with this post... because they have children who are simliar. You know who you are. :)
Last week at 11:30pm, 20 seconds after I had finally gotten Leah to go to sleep and put her down, Josiah woke up. Usually I can go in there and he'll go right back to sleep, but occasionally he will have a meltdown. Thankfully these instances are becoming fewer, they used to be quite frequent.
On this particular night, I realized he was wet so I told him his clothes needed to be changed. Well, this turned into a screamfest as I tried to get his wet clothes off. He was running around the house yelling "NOOOO" and looking at me like I had 10 heads and was spitting fire. He wouldn't get close to me or Justin and was out of control. Nothing helped. I just sat down in the chair in the living room and watched him have his little meltdown. After a while I tried to coax him to put some pants on and the screaming started again. So I just turned on the TV and watched an old Mary-Tyler Moore episode on the retro station and ignored his outbursts. Finally at 12:30pm he came over and sat on my lap. He let me put some clean pants on him, you see, he was mad because he wanted to wear the wet ones.
Eventually he went back to sleep.
During his fit he flailed all over the floor. I took some pictures, because it was a memorable night.
He was in this position for a long time saying, "I will not, I will not go to sleep. I will not put the other pants on. Give me my pants! I will not talk to you!!"
As I was writing this post, at 10:30pm, Josiah woke up and I could hear him screaming, "NONONONO!! Please don't! I won't do it! I don't want to! NONONO!" 30 minutes later he finally calmed down. I think this boy just has some wild dreams and acts them out when he's coming into consciousness. It's very creepy. I hope this ends before he becomes a teenager.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a comment, I LOVE them!