Tabs

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Sleeps Like a Baby

When the boys were little I never understood where the saying "Sleeping like a baby" came from. I never wanted to sleep like a baby, because my babies hardly ever slept, except in 45 minute - 2 hour increments, day or night. I believed most people were lying to me when they told me how well their babies slept at night and napped during the day. I assumed we were destined to never have a child that slept good. 

So when Leah was born I had no expectations whatsoever that things would be any different with her. God obviously knew I couldn't handle the no-sleep babies anymore, so in His kindness, made a child for us who liked to sleep. I know He did this just for me, he answered my little prayer. He does care about the little things.

If Leah had been my first child, she and I would have taken many naps together. She is a child after my own heart. I LOVE to sleep. I can still sleep 12 hours in a row if given the opportunity. When she's napping I often check on her because I cannot believe how long she sleeps. If something wakes her up, she lifts her head up, looks around, puts her head back down and goes right back to sleep. In the mornings, the boys wake up at 6:59am, and Leah is not ready to get up at this hour. I usually nurse her laying in the bed and then sneak away. She'll usually wake up between 8:30-9:30, depending on the noise maker little people in our house.  

On this particular morning, she was snoozing away at 10am. I decided to snap some pictures because she was so cute, and I couldn't believe she was still sleeping. With a slight stuffy nose, she was snoring away. I opened the curtains and starting snapping, knowing the sound of the camera shutter closing would be enough to wake her.  

Look at the moments that followed through pictures...   

WHAT? I have to wake up? What is this? Mom, can't you see I was sleeping here?
Why is it so bright in here?
Can't a girl just get some beauty rest?
I think I will go back to sleep now. You can't do anything to make me get up. 
I will not look at you. 
(she had her head turned and would not turn it around, I tried everything, ha!)
What is this? An intruder. I will certainly be mauled with kisses and hugs. 
I guess I'll wake up now. 
This cute boy is begging me to come play. 

2 comments:

Leave me a comment, I LOVE them!