Today we should have gone to Bible Study Fellowship but I started running a fever last night. Paul infected me with his cough, congestion and croupy virus. My mom never got sick when we were kids, I sure wish I had inherited her impeccable immune system. All day yesterday and this morning I've been popping herbal remedies to help build my immune system and ease the sinus pressure, coughing and sore throat. Justin laughs at me with all of my dried herbs and syrups and teas. This particular tea I've been drinking 3 times a day is really soothing:
1 tsp dried elderberries
1 tsp echinacea
1 tsp rose hips
a few whole cloves
half a cinnamon stick
Let the herbs steep in boiling water for 5 minutes, add honey to taste.
I've also been taking a tablespoon of elderberry syrup, that I made, several times a day and taking echinacea tablets, and sticking my head over a bowl of boiling water that has eucalyptus essential oil in it. I'm feeling much better this afternoon, even though the cough still lingers. Hopefully Paul feels better soon too, he's hacking in his room right now while he's napping, poor kid!
This is the herbal remedy book I bought a year ago. It has some great recipes in it! I have a whole box full of different herbs and essential oils I've accumulated over the past year from making salves, syrups, lotions, and lip balm. It's absolutely fascinating to me how many things God put on this earth for us to use for healing. He was so creative!Also today, while I was vacuuming a very large goldfish and cracker mess out of the van, Paul decided to take off on his bike without his helmet on. Maybe next time he will remember what happens when you fall without head protection.
Look at the size of that bump!
Currently, I am holding this precious girl. She's working on her two top teeth coming through and isn't sleeping well. So we're resting on the couch together. Don't you just love her Tina Turner hair?! I try to comb it down with water, but in an hour it is back to kinky, curly, and sticking up every which direction.
And lastly, a picture of this handsome boy! Sometimes he really loves to pose and smile for the camera. He looks so old and grown up! Today we had this conversation:
Josiah: When I get big like daddy, I'm going to get married!
Me: Who are you going to marry? It has to be a nice girl who loves Jesus.
Josiah: I'm going to marry you, of course!
Me: Oh really! What about daddy, I married him first?
Josiah: He can go marry another mommy lady, cause you will be my girl. ♥
I am treasuring his sweetness and his love, I know soon his sweet love for me will turn to being annoyed by me. He has a kind heart and is very affectionate towards me (most of the time, if he's not mad at me for disciplining him!), wanting to hug me, sit on my lap, help me, or share something with me. He even says that all of the projects and crafts he does at school are done for me. What a sweet boy he is!






No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a comment, I LOVE them!