It has been a rough month for me. Since working at the pediatric clinic I am catching everything that comes through the doors it seems. The pediatrician said it's normal when people start working in pediatrics to be sick with everything for several months! In just one month I've had these things in this order:
- Stomach virus- vomited for 8 hours and didn't feel human again for 3 days.
- Cold/Congestion
- Stomach virus- a different one, there was less vomiting, more diarrhea, fever, and chills.
- Same weekend as the 2nd stomach virus, my cough from my cold worsened to bronchitis. The pediatrician at work diagnosed me and gave me some same inhalers. Amazing relief after that!
- The next night- floods of diarrhea that lasted 12 hours.
- 4 hours after my stomach returned to normal and we were ready for bed... Paul started vomiting and I was up all night with him. That was last night.
So this morning, I woke up and started cleaning like a maniac. My parents are arriving tomorrow afternoon AND we have small group at our house tomorrow night! AH! I wanted to get rid of the cesspool of germs that seem to be everywhere in our house. I bleached the bathrooms and every knob of every door, and did 100 loads of laundry washing every sheet and blanket. It feels good to have everything clean, finally.
One of my least favorite and most neglected things to clean is the tub and shower. I detest doing it. It's so bad that I probably have only cleaned the showers before every time one of our family member's visit. About 4-5 times a year! haha, that's bad! We have the fiberglass shower/tub and hard water so the build up and soap scum is so hard to remove no mater what. I have tried everything and even though I scrub and scrub and let it soak, it never gets completely clean.
BUT, thanks to Pinterest, I saw a post about the ultimate, magic tub and shower cleaner. I decided to give it a try. Here's the original blog post about it, she has good pictures and explanations. I did a ratio of 1:2, water to vinegar. I filled a spray bottle about 1 inch deep full of Dawn dish soap, and 2 inches deep of warm vinegar (very scientific and precise, I know!) and shook it a little. I sprayed it all over the shower and tub and let it sit maybe 10 minutes. Then took a cleaning rag and started wiping it off from top to bottom. I could not believe it. I just wiped, no scrubbing, no back breaking, no arm wanting to die and almost falling into the tub a million times. My tub shines now and I hardly did anything. (beware though, the vinegar smell gets a little overpowering when you're spraying).
If you hate cleaning showers like me, you have got to try this. I just might clean it more often now. :)
Ouch, sounds like you got it worse than me. I keep getting sick too from all these kids but it is always colds. I'm pretty sure I got 3 colds in a row and was sick for about 3 weeks straight. We can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks! Hopefully neither one of us brings the sickness's with us!
ReplyDelete